By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Gaming Screenshot Thread V.3.5: CGI-Quality Revamp!

Man all these screenshots are so awesome. I'd like to post some, but my good ol' Radeon 4850 is starting to show it's age :/

Around the Network

Finally, got the time to upload some. All of my games are vanilla, running on my good ol' Pentium Dual Core Conroe @3.0 Ghz, Radeon HD4850 and 5GB of DDR2 800 RAM.

Here's some ACII:

Some Arkham City:

Some Borderlands 2:

Some F.E.A.R. 3:

Some Race Driver GRID:

I have no driving skills, ok?!

Some LA Noire:

This game really makes you "feel there"...

Casually grabbing human parts.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE, I GET IT.

Some Metro 2033:

(For me, this is the best looking game I've played, not only in the technical department, it also has fantastic art direction)

Spoilers!

More spoilers!

Some Mirror Edge:

Some RAGE:

Some Saints Row The Third:

I'm having LOTS of problems to make this game run decently, doesn't matter the settings, it runs like crap /:

Some Trine:

Some Witcher 2:

Easily one of my favorite games this generation, it also looks beautiful.

Oh Geralt, you're so manly <3

There you go, nothing too breathtaking, but it's all good looking I think (:

Hopefully I can get some screen shots together.

I would also love to have Skyrim look the way I saw in a few pictures here.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

what are your framerates like with that old Radeon 4850?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
what are your framerates like with that old Radeon 4850?

Well I haven't used FRAPS in a while, but thanks to my trained eye I can tell you that most games run well over the 30 frames at that quality and resolution, with some exceptions:

- L.A. Noire dips will into the 20s, sometimes below that. But it's still enjoyable, because the game looks fantastic anyway and doesn't need that much speed.

- Metro 2033 struggles to reach the 30s at 1280x800, and it's not even at high quality.

- Saints Row The Third apparently has problems with AMD cards. No matter the resolution or quality, it runs below the 20s. It's good that the game is really fun, because that performance is unacceptable with that kind of graphics.

- Borderlands 2 usually runs like a charm, except when you're looking at very large scenarios. Like Tundra Express (where you find Mordecai the first time). It struggles there, dipping into the 20s. It runs over the 30s everywhere else.

I think it's not too shabby for a card that I bought for $200 (incl. shipping to Mexico) five years ago, and my whole PC cost me $700 to build back in the day. But still, I think it's time for an upgrade D:

Around the Network

Tagging this thread. Once I get my new rig going, i'm gonna overflow it with 2560x1440 and 7680x1440 Res pics .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

My laptop doesn't exactly set the world on fire, but here are a couple of pics from Bioshock Infinite and FarCry3. Pictures were taken with Fraps and while it doesn't display it, both games are set to "High" and running at 50-60fps at all times.

Bioshock Infinite:

Far Cry 3:

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

This is the only thing I can show since I'm under NDA lol.....

ghost_of_fazz said:

Well I haven't used FRAPS in a while, but thanks to my trained eye I can tell you that most games run well over the 30 frames at that quality and resolution, with some exceptions:

- L.A. Noire dips will into the 20s, sometimes below that. But it's still enjoyable, because the game looks fantastic anyway and doesn't need that much speed.

- Metro 2033 struggles to reach the 30s at 1280x800, and it's not even at high quality.

- Saints Row The Third apparently has problems with AMD cards. No matter the resolution or quality, it runs below the 20s. It's good that the game is really fun, because that performance is unacceptable with that kind of graphics.

- Borderlands 2 usually runs like a charm, except when you're looking at very large scenarios. Like Tundra Express (where you find Mordecai the first time). It struggles there, dipping into the 20s. It runs over the 30s everywhere else.

I think it's not too shabby for a card that I bought for $200 (incl. shipping to Mexico) five years ago, and my whole PC cost me $700 to build back in the day. But still, I think it's time for an upgrade D:

That's actually really impressive, didn't think such an old card would hold up so well!
As for Metro, it "struggles" on any PC basically. Metro 2 is going to scare the crap out of me with it's system requirements. :P

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

already so much bioshock but here is more lol