By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Gaming Screenshot Thread V.3.5: CGI-Quality Revamp!

CGI-Quality said:
Solid-Stark said:

Very noobie question, but how do I post Steam screenshots?

While in-game, just press F12. That's how it works with most games. However, I tried that with Velvet Assassin, but to no avail.

Sorry i should have been clearer :P

I have screenshots but I don't know how to post them here.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Heavenly_King said:
CGI-Quality said:

Call me crazy, but I think C: Warhead Vanilla looks better than Crysis 1 Vanilla

I think that is the norm when a game of the same franchise, comes later.

Hmmm...

First, Warhead isn't a full blown sequel (or "next" game). It's an expansion which to some doesn't look better than Crysis (which is why Pezus's response to me doesn't mirror yours, which was smug at that).

Second, many Crysis fans don't even think Crysis 2 looks better than Crysis 1 (on PC), let alone Warhead. So in theory, yes, sequels are supposed to look better than their predecessors, but the Crysis franchise doesn't work like that.

I saw your original reply.

I haven't heard anyone saying that Crysis looks better than Warhead. It's pretty well known that Warhead uses more advanced features of the CryEngine 2.

CGI-Quality said:
Heavenly_King said:
CGI-Quality said:

Call me crazy, but I think C: Warhead Vanilla looks better than Crysis 1 Vanilla

I think that is the norm when a game of the same franchise, comes later.

Errr....but many consider Crysis 1 to look better. And seeing as Warhead is just an expansion, NOT a full blown game, your point is void.

It does not matter if it is an stand-alone expansion or not.   If it comes later, it will be more optimized, more polished, and look better.   It happens with every piece of software (coming from a respected developer).

EDIT: Also if many people consider Crysis 1 to look better, you are not the crazy one; they are.

Solid-Stark said:
CGI-Quality said:
Solid-Stark said:

While in-game, just press F12. That's how it works with most games. However, I tried that with Velvet Assassin, but to no avail.

Upload on image hoster like imgur and then back on VGC click on the tree icon in the reply tool box and put the link in there.

Barozi said:
Solid-Stark said:
CGI-Quality said:
Solid-Stark said:

Upload on image hoster like imgur and then back on VGC click on the tree icon in the reply tool box and put the link in there.

Thanks!

e=mc^2

Around the Network

Fallout 3

e=mc^2

CGI-Quality said:
Solid-Stark said:

Fallout 3

Just out of curiosity, what's the hardware you're working with there (PC specs)?

i3 3.3Ghz with 550Ti (no overclock)

Im able to run it in ultra 60fps.

Edit: all vanilla.

e=mc^2

New Vegas

Just started :P

e=mc^2

I'll take some Blops 2 screenshots but It might spoil it for some people. Also how do you embed images? I'm a bit new to tags despite being here for a year.

CGI-Quality said:
Solid-Stark said:
CGI-Quality said:
Solid-Stark said:

Fallout 3

Just out of curiosity, what's the hardware you're working with there (PC specs)?

i3 3.3Ghz with 550Ti (no overclock)

Im able to run it in ultra 60fps.

Edit: all vanilla.

I'm hearing a lot of good things about both the 550 and 560Ti cards. (Slightly off base): I'm also hearing that, despite being the most powerful NVIDIA card (which I thought was the most powerful card overall), my 690 may actually be a  little weaker than AMD (ATi)'s HD7970. I read up on that and it seems the 7970 has a few advantages.

The 550Ti has indeed surprised me. However, it does help that I don't have any demanding games aside from Crysis 1 :P

I play Bethesda games (still need to get Skyrim) and Valve games so my hardware takes them easy.

I doubt the few advantages would reflect any drastic improvements though. Also, both AMD and Nvidia are still working on proper drivers. (I hear Nvidia has some issues for some Kepler cards in SLI  or multi GPU) I almost upgraded to a 670, but was able to hold off. But I will surely upgrade to either AMD's Sea Islands (will have to wait and see for these) or Nvidia's 770, next year.

e=mc^2