By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Gaming Screenshot Thread V.3.5: CGI-Quality Revamp!

CGI-Quality said:
crissindahouse said:

pezus his pic looks also crazy, as if someone would have taken a pic of the screen with the handycam.  that is a normal pic of the 360 version

I can tell that's console footage, looks pretty jagged.

sure was just going to post a picture which looks like 360 and not that handy cam pic from pezus

Around the Network

You people haven't seen an Ultra Low Quality Oblivion pic yet, have you?:

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Steam pics do lose a tremendous amount of quality and in some cases they don't work at all. When I try to take pics on Skyrim with ENB on, I just get a grey blur.

FRAPS is your buddy, best friend and only tool you'll ever need to take pics/make gameplay vids .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Awkward faces are awkward. That's one of the things that always bugs me whenever I play Oblivion, some faces are just "off", especially those of the Elven, Orc and Khajit races.

All faces in Oblivion look like shit, even the vastly improved modded ones.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

CGI-Quality said:
zarx said:
lestatdark said:
Awkward faces are awkward. That's one of the things that always bugs me whenever I play Oblivion, some faces are just "off", especially those of the Elven, Orc and Khajit races.

All faces in Oblivion look like shit, even the vastly improved modded ones.

Have you seen all of the modded faces? Plenty of attractive mods that do them justice (the girl I use, for instance). Perhaps your bias for Morrowind clouds your judgment.

I am going to have nightmares about your character's face, and I haven't looked at Oblivion mods for what 3-4 years now? 

Morrowind had awful faces as well.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

A whole page dedicated to Oblivion graphics. This is like a time travel to 2006. Warms my heart.

@ CGI,

It's not Steam who is destroying those screens, it's that you are basically running vanilla Oblivion. You know the foliage density could be increased simply through the ini.files in the PC version.

I am sure there are much better mods for foliage than the one you're running.

Or perhaps you forgot to check the mod to active in the Mod manager?

@ trasharmdsister,

Yes, please post some beautiful screens of your modded Oblivion!

@slimebeast

steam pics have a horrible quality so i'm sure even what he posted looks way better in-game but sure, there is also much he can tweak.

Sadly couldn't find the pics in my HDD .

Oh well, might install Oblivion later once I play my enhanced Skyrim a bit more .

Current PC Build

CGI-Quality said:
trasharmdsister12 said:
lestatdark said:

Oh well, might install Oblivion later once I play my enhanced Skyrim a bit more .

I planned on doing some Oblivion modding tonight too

Look what I've inspired!

You and your bad Oblivion shots! .

Current PC Build

CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:
CGI-Quality said:
trasharmdsister12 said:
lestatdark said:

I planned on doing some Oblivion modding tonight too

Look what I've inspired!

You and your bad Oblivion shots! .

Eh, I blame Gabe Newell!

Hey, I blame everyone that doesn't use FRAPS to take in-game screenshots .

Current PC Build