By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Who will be Romney's VP?

Who will be Romney's VP?

Rob Portman: Senator from Ohio 1 3.70%

Tim Pawlenty: Former Governor of Minnesota 2 7.41%

Condoleezza Rice: Former Secretary of State 8 29.63%

Marco Rubio: Senator from Florida 5 18.52%

Chris Christie: New Jersey Governor 1 3.70%

Bobby Jindal: Louisiana Governor 1 3.70%

Paul Ryan: Representative from Wisconsin 1 3.70%

Kelly Ayotte: Senator from New Hampshire 0 0%

Rand Paul: Senator from Kentucky 0 0%

Other: not mentioned 8 29.63%

Total:27

Who do you guys think will be Romneys VP?  Personally, I think Christie would be awesome, but unlikely.  I aslo think Rice would be awesome, but also unlikely.  I think the choice is going to come down between Portman and Pawlenty, both of which are pretty boring.  Of the two I would probably prefer Pawlenty though.  

Around the Network

Drudge seems to think it's Condi. Who honestly, I know nothing about. I'd like Paul personally

TadpoleJackson said:
Drudge seems to think it's Condi. Who honestly, I know nothing about. I'd like Paul personally

Rand Paul or Paul Ryan?

I think Rand Paul would actually be a great choice if Romney would actually concede to some of the things libertarians are looking for, not neccessarily all of them.  I don't see that happening though, but Romney still might pick him to try and capture the Ron Paul people.  I don't see that happening even if he did though...

gergroy said:
TadpoleJackson said:

Rand Paul or Paul Ryan?

I think Rand Paul would actually be a great choice if Romney would actually concede to some of the things libertarians are looking for, not neccessarily all of them.  I don't see that happening though, but Romney still might pick him to try and capture the Ron Paul people.  I don't see that happening even if he did though...

Rand Paul. Even if he is a junior senator. 

But yeah, I don't see it happening it at all. Condi will probably be his pick. It goes against Romney being too white 

No way is it Condi. The association with W would be easy pickings in the hands of the Democrats

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I hope it's Rice, just because the VP debates between her and Biden would be hysterical.

CR: Our current president is pushing a narrative that, "I'm doing poorly because you're doing well." That has never been the American narrative. He's relying on class warfare because he doesn't have an economic plan.

JB: We have a plan! Our economic plan is a three letter word: jobs! J-O-B-S! Jobs!

My money is on Rubio. Sure it'll twinge neoconservatives.... but Romney already does that and the healthcare law is a great motivator.

Honestly I think Rob Portman and Tim Pawlenty are much more unlikely to be the choices. As the OP stated they come across as boring in some senses. Plus it would be smart for Romney to pick someone that is unlike him. Portman and Pawlenty seem too similar in many senses to Romney.

Someone with a unique background and with somewhat of a different culture would benefit him. I think Rubio is high on his list. Condi is a possiblity. She certainly is very smart and articulate, but her involvement with the Bush administration could pose some unwanted baggage. Still like BadGenome I would pay money to see Condi in a debate with Mr. Gaffe Machine Biden.

My money is resting on Rubio as Kasz stated. He is popular among many conservative groups and has a very good public speaking talent. Not to mention his parents immigrated from Cuba so that gives him a unique background.

Don't be surprised however if Romney chooses someone noone is thinking about. Consider someone like Susana Martinez, The Republican Governor of New Mexico. She currently has a high approval rating in her state. She apparently has a lot of "spunk" as some would say and has many political stances that would be popular with conservatives. The only problem is she has expressed that she has no interest in being VP.

Mr Khan said:
No way is it Condi. The association with W would be easy pickings in the hands of the Democrats

I dont think the association with W would be that bad.  The main problem with rice is that there is quite a bit of space between her and romney on some issues like abortion and immigration, at least now anyway.  If it was rice and romney before he ran for president, they would probably be a good match.  

Allfreedom99 said:
Honestly I think Rob Portman and Tim Pawlenty are much more unlikely to be the choices. As the OP stated they come across as boring in some senses. Plus it would be smart for Romney to pick someone that is unlike him. Portman and Pawlenty seem too similar in many senses to Romney.

Someone with a unique background and with somewhat of a different culture would benefit him. I think Rubio is high on his list. Condi is a possiblity. She certainly is very smart and articulate, but her involvement with the Bush administration could pose some unwanted baggage. Still like BadGenome I would pay money to see Condi in a debate with Mr. Gaffe Machine Biden.

My money is resting on Rubio as Kasz stated. He is popular among many conservative groups and has a very good public speaking talent. Not to mention his parents immigrated from Cuba so that gives him a unique background.

Don't be surprised however if Romney chooses someone noone is thinking about. Consider someone like Susana Martinez, The Republican Governor of New Mexico. She currently has a high approval rating in her state. She apparently has a lot of "spunk" as some would say and has many political stances that would be popular with conservatives. The only problem is she has expressed that she has no interest in being VP.

The problem with rubio is he is just too inexperienced.  If he had at least kne full term of being senator behind him i would say yeah, he might make sense, but he only has two years.  Romney keeps saying that his pick will be somebody with the expierience and ability to be president.  Plus, rubio hasnt really been vetted on the national stage and poses some risks there.  Romney has shown he doesnt take risks, which is why i think it will come down to the boring guys.