By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Watch & Rate The BATMAN (1989) -- Batman Film Celebration Week

Rate THE BATMAN

0 - Worst movie ever 0 0%

1* - Poor film..even green lantern is better 0 0%

2* - Below Average 1 3.13%

3* - Average movie 5 15.63%

4* - Good film 16 50.00%

5* - Awesome movie!!! 10 31.25%

Total:32
pezus said:
darthdevidem01 said:
pezus said:

I think I will only be re-watching BB and TDK, so I'll be here when the time comes. Oh, and I will go to a midnight pre-release of TDKR (19th/20th July, film will "officially" start showing on the 25th)!! Can't wait. 

Why only those? 

At least watch Batman & Robin...we don't get slapstick cheap comedy like that nowadays. 

I can't be bothered to waste my HDD space rent them. I saw the newest animated film recently though, what is it called again, red hood something? I might watch Mask of the Phantasm though, since I don't think I've seen it.

Under the Red Hood.  It was pretty awesome, huh?  You may also want to check out the movie Batman: Year One.  It's an almost line by line perfect retelling of the Frank Miller story about Commisioner Gordon's first year in Gotham City.  Oh, Batman is in it, too.

Around the Network

This movie shaped my life, literally. I watched it every day when I was 4. It's my personal favourite movie. Though not necessarily the best movie I've watched, but when I put it on and I hear Batman's theme, I'm a kid again.

@D21

We discuss TDK a day before TDKR comes out....19th July.

I am about to start watching it now...I am worried about what my opinion on The Joker is gonna be in this.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

pezus said:
darthdevidem01 said:
pezus said:

I think I will only be re-watching BB and TDK, so I'll be here when the time comes. Oh, and I will go to a midnight pre-release of TDKR (19th/20th July, film will "officially" start showing on the 25th)!! Can't wait. 

Why only those? 

At least watch Batman & Robin...we don't get slapstick cheap comedy like that nowadays. 

I can't be bothered to waste my HDD space rent them. I saw the newest animated film recently though, what is it called again, red hood something? I might watch Mask of the Phantasm though, since I don't think I've seen it.

tehehe.

@darkknightkryta

OMG YES!

My fav superheroe theme!

HAd avery busy day.

Sooo I would give this 8/10

Definitely not as good as I remembered it...the music is still awesome though! I think it's just really not aged well.

Around the Network

Loved the first Batmans but I believe Val Kilmer was the best at Batman (didn't care for the second Val Kilmer Batman too much (Batman and Robin) considering it was terrible)). Although it was so bad that it was almost good (if you watch it high and laugh at how bad it is).  Perhaps that is because I love Val Kilmer (as an actor).

sethnintendo said:

Loved the first Batmans but I believe Val Kilmer was the best at Batman (didn't care for the second Val Kilmer Batman too much (Batman and Robin) considering it was terrible)). Although it was so bad that it was almost good (if you watch it high and laugh at how bad it is).  Perhaps that is because I love Val Kilmer (as an actor).

there was no second Val Kilmer Batman

Batman & Robin had George Clooney as Batman. 

darthdevidem01 said:
sethnintendo said:

Oh thank god.  Sorry I didn't fully look it up.  I just assumed he was in two.  I also tried to block as much of that movie out of my brain as possible (except the Arnold one liners).  Freeze, Chill out

sethnintendo said:
darthdevidem01 said:
sethnintendo said:

Oh thank god.  Sorry I didn't fully look it up.  I just assumed he was in two.  I also tried to block as much of that movie out of my brain as possible (except the Arnold one liners).  Freeze, Chill out

Arnold one liners alone make the movie worth watching :D

My favourite Batman film, 7 out of 10. I loved the Batmobile. I remember having a driving Batman game shaped like the Batmobile.