By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2012 NPD Thread - Everything is here!

NintendoPie said:
Oh great! This thread went all cray cray...

Does anyone else notice this?

Nope. Maybe you should stop doing whatever drugs you're doing. Same to VicViper.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Jay520 said:
NintendoPie said:
Boutros said:
I'm really upset with VGC going into maintenance during NPD time. That's what happens when the admins lose touch with with the community. Otherwise they would have known NPD day is the most exciting day of all month and they would have postponed the maintenance. I hope it was really necessary.

Why is it the most exciting day? I think this is my first NPD thread so I'm not sure what to look at.... :0

hmmm... I believe this is the day we get NPD data

Thanks, that really helped, Jay!

Seriously, that is the only reason.

Boutros said:
ioi said:
Boutros said:
I'm really upset with VGC going into maintenance during NPD time. That's what happens when the admins lose touch with with the community. Otherwise they would have known NPD day is the most exciting day of all month and they would have postponed the maintenance. I hope it was really necessary.

The server crashed, it wasn't intentional...

It's alright then.

lol why do you say this? ioi doesn't need to check in with you.

Jay520 said:

Well then what is the point of NPD? I know it's a sales company but why is it so big? Why does it matter more than Media Create or something?

NintendoPie said:
Jay520 said:

Well then what is the point of NPD? I know it's a sales company but why is it so big? Why does it matter more than Media Create or something?

Because America is bigger than Japan by a considerable margin.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:

Ooooh! OK.

Do you know what those yellow lines on the charts mean?

NintendoPie said:
Jay520 said:

Ooooh! OK.

It's simply to highlight which predictions were the closest from NPD. It shows that VGC is the most accurate this month.

And NPD is big because we always get a slew of official sales numbers and there's nothing more fun than 100% accurate data!

Boutros said:
NintendoPie said:
Jay520 said:

Ooooh! OK.

It's simply to highlight which predictions were the closest from NPD. It shows that VGC is the most accurate this month.

Well isn't that a big surprise! 

Thanks Boutros.

360 gonna smash everyone this holidays WW.

Halo 4, Black Ops 2, Kinect Nike Game, Dance Central 3, Forza Horizon and Price Cut.