By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 gets trophy support

Damn I hope this is true. Hopefully, the trophies are retroactive so I won't have to have to beat it on extreme without any kills again xD 

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:

I don't know, it seems like a good idea to me as a way to promote MGR Revengence. Besides Konami re-releases games all the time, sometimes games nobody was asking for.

As for the HD "Upgrades". They were hardly upgrades. All they did was port the games with a higher resolution. Nothing as impressive as the Halo CE Anniversary HD remake. That thing had a completely new 3D engine with all new 3D models, sounds, music, etc. The MGS HD collection was great, but it wasn't a new experience like you're making it sound like.

I don't know either. It could happen. My main reason I don't think it'll happen is because 4-5 years is quite a long time for a mere port. It needs to have something to make it worth while. Like new modes, characters, graphics, etc. Something. I guess that could happen though.

There is no benefit to releasing it now instead of before. You say to build hype for MGSR, but the again, they would have sold much more copies for MGS4 had they released it way before now. So they would have had a bigger MGS audience on the 360 if they would have released it earlier. Thus, building a bigger audience for MGSR. For that reason, I don't see it unlikely. There is no benefit to releasing it now instead of before.

It doesn't matter if they were actually HD upgrades. That's what they were marketed as. It gives the games some incentives. Unlike MGS4 - whos only incentive would be boosting the 360s fanbase even though they would have had more success if they did it earlier. Way earlier.

If they were interested in a 360 port, I don't think they would have missed out on so many years of opportunity. If they were interested in a 360 port, they would have maximizes their potential profits years ago. I'd say the reasonable conclusion to draw from this is they're not interested.

Pjams said:

Time to torture myself again, but this time I get paid in trophies!

And that would be awesome if this announcement was precursor to a multiplatform release. Great games for everyone! (that's how I roll bitches)

I doubt the 360 can handle MGS4. It uses a lot of the cell.

withdreday said:
Pjams said:

And that would be awesome if this announcement was precursor to a multiplatform release. Great games for everyone! (that's how I roll bitches)

It doesn't utilize any of the SPUs, so it shouldn't be to difficult to port

withdreday said:
Pjams said:

If you say it like that somebody will tell you that it "can handle" it, but yea the point is that it would probably take a lot of recoding to get MGS4 to work on the 360 like it does on the PS3. It's different than from PS2 to 360 as the PS2 probably is weaker than the 360 in every way, while the PS3 has some advantages and some disadvantages over the 360, so the parts that make use of the PS3s advantages might take a lot of reworking to run the same as on the PS3.

Around the Network

Damn! Just finished it a few weeks ago! I will eventually play it again but not anytime soon. Hope it "recognizes" my save and give me trophies without having to play it again

A_C_E said:
Trophy Acquired - Popcorn Maker: Watch all Cutscenes

LOL that would be hilariously epic !

You guys talking about porting it over?

I say take a look at this this

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Oh nice I sure hope its true, I had been meaning to play this again lately after I platinumed the three on the HD collection.

Yes! Awesome news. I remember hearing a quote from Kojima like 2 yrs ago stating trophies would come to MGS4, so I've been wondering when this patch would come. Took forever.