By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 gets trophy support

Jay520 said:
I don't see how someone can be annoyed by this. If you don't want to go back and play it, then don't go back and play it. If you want to go get the trophies, then we know have the option to do so. What's the problem here?

I am wondering the same thing. Not sure how trophies bother people at all.

Last I checked, when the game was still fresh they told you trophies were coming. It just took a very long time, so you were warned. You picked to forget. Don't get bent out of shape children. They were one of the early developers who announced trophies to come to the game released prior to their (trophies) release.

And what kind of crappy MGS fans are you guys! You should be thrilled about trophies, as it extends your replayability as well, so it doesn't matter if you like trophies or not. Also with that, it pushes some new people into the franchise. Isn't that a great thing? I think so! The is wrong with you guys. Your stance on this is so damn selfish, and childish. How does a real MGS fan not see all of the great avenues this trophy patch provides. I love my Metal Gear Solid, and this is fantastic news for me, the millions whom bought it already, and all the people who will play it in the future.

Around the Network
Attoyou said:
Michael-5 said:

This is stupid, you could have played the game to no end 4 years ago, but newcomers will get more credit for playing this game. They should have left it be.

This made my night. lol

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Michael-5 said:
ethomaz said:
Heavenly_King said:
Trophies not retroactive.

That's a good news because the fans may play again the game.

I think that's terrible news because it punishes fans who played the game multiple times before. Yes this encourages you to come back and play it again, but you won't play it multiple times and be as moved as you were before.

This just encourages trophy wh***ing, and I think that's a bad type of gamer to encourage.

I'm pretty sure its not retroactive because it would be very easy to cheat.  If you could download a save file with everything completed BOOM you would instantly have all of the trophies.

Also I'm really looking forward to this.  I held off on playing though again because there were rumors (years ago) about trophy support, and I didn't want to be halfway through the story when it got patched in.  Time went by and I forgot about playing the game again, but now I'll definitely go back.

And lol at the .gif

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

So why the long wait on METAL GEAR SOLID 4 Trophy support? Kojima Productions assistant producer Sean Eyestone lays down the production history and more in the latest Kojima Productions Report session 164: http://bit.ly/OaQUL1

free downloadable patch

reason why it took long to implement is low staff

it will be difficult to get the trophies

will have to replay to get trophies

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
JOKA_ said:
Michael-5 said:
ethomaz said:
Heavenly_King said:
Trophies not retroactive.

That's a good news because the fans may play again the game.

I think that's terrible news because it punishes fans who played the game multiple times before. Yes this encourages you to come back and play it again, but you won't play it multiple times and be as moved as you were before.

This just encourages trophy wh***ing, and I think that's a bad type of gamer to encourage.

I'm pretty sure its not retroactive because it would be very easy to cheat.  If you could download a save file with everything completed BOOM you would instantly have all of the trophies.

Also I'm really looking forward to this.  I held off on playing though again because there were rumors (years ago) about trophy support, and I didn't want to be halfway through the story when it got patched in.  Time went by and I forgot about playing the game again, but now I'll definitely go back.

And lol at the .gif

That's true, but It still punishes the non super hardcore fans. If Valkyria Chronicles got trophy support I'm pretty sure I still won't play it, and that just sucks.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

I've been meaning to get this game, purchase is most likely confirmed, this Metal Gear Rising though looks set to be a massive disappointment.