By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Future Markets, PS3 wins, 360 wins, Wii wins...

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=24376

they all over the place, but good read.

A Research and Markets predicted PS3 sales of around 75 million by 2010.

Digest's Ed Barton concluded that "PlayStation 3 will hold the largest market share by 2010, with the Wii a distant third.

Wedbush Morgan's Michael Pachter took a different approach, forecasting that the Wii will be perceived as the leader while its sales lead during 2007.

According to Pachter, Xbox 360 will be leading in total sales and will appear to be the winner by early 2009 - but by the end of the year, Sony's dominance in the high-def format war will position it as the perceived winner.

The simExchange PS3 at 57.57 million, 360 at 54.57 million, Wii at 73.37 million.

Around the Network
Hus said:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=24376

they all over the place, but good read.

A Research and Markets predicted PS3 sales of around 75 million by 2010.

Digest's Ed Barton concluded that "PlayStation 3 will hold the largest market share by 2010, with the Wii a distant third.

Wedbush Morgan's Michael Pachter took a different approach, forecasting that the Wii will be perceived as the leader while its sales lead during 2007.

According to Pachter, Xbox 360 will be leading in total sales and will appear to be the winner by early 2009 - but by the end of the year, Sony's dominance in the high-def format war will position it as the perceived winner.

The simExchange PS3 at 57.57 million, 360 at 54.57 million, Wii at 73.37 million.

they are like weather forcasts...

they never got right...

Wii Will Sii

nahh.

Listen to 5 weather forcasters and atleats one will be right

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6142885.html 

Posted Jan 24, 2006 8:18 am PT

Looking farther ahead to 2007, Wallace believes the 360 will maintain a sizable lead over its rivals. "We are projecting the Xbox 360 and PS3 console installed bases to exceed 10 million units and 7 million units in the US that year, respectively, while the Revolution installed base should surpass 3 million units." He also said that a slowdown in PlayStation 2 sales will be somewhat ameliorated by a price drop from $149 to $99, most likely around E3 in mid-May.

As for other platforms, Wallace believes Sony will also cut the price of the PSP--a move that will lead it to pull ahead of the DS in overall sales. "The next-generation handheld installed base should also start to represent sizable numbers in 2007, as we expect the PSP and DS installed bases to reach 15 million units and 10 million units that year, respectively." However, Wallace stated that Nintendo's Game Boy Advance will give it an edge in the overall handheld market in 2006, saying "ongoing sales of GBA should be driven mainly by the continued popularity of the Game Boy Micro."

Analysts really have very poor judgement of the gaming market because they tend to make predictions based on current market share and "Brand Value" rather than the features which matter to gamers ... Honestly, I would predict that theSimExchange is probably the most accurate because it represents the interest in each of the systems by gamers themselves; if gamers are really excited about the future of the platform they likely have an intention to buy the system or buy games for the system which leads to further strong performance.

These people get paid for making stuff up that may or may not come true.

Such a rewarding, fullfilling and worthwhile career!

Around the Network

Nostradamus would be proud...he was an analyst don't forget!

Question: What do Nostradamus, the Greek Oracles and Market Analysts have in common?
Answer: They predict the future and their dealers get the "good" stuff.

I get a kick out of Pachter. He's predicting Wii to take the lead in 2007, then fizzle, then 360 to take the lead in 2009, and then finally PS3 to take the lead and win the generation, due to winning the next-gen DVD race!

WTF??? How did this guy get to be so prominent?

That simExchange thing looks cool. I'll buy its stock over the analysts.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

This Hus is not supporting to see the PS3 to selling so little.

To foresee the market is pure loses of time. We have that to take in consideration… strategy of the companies, acceptance of the market, “N” factors that lead to a console if to become number ONE. For me, it is person job who does not have what to make… In other words, inutil job.

They forgive me if my English is not very good.

Hus wrote this:
  • A Research and Markets predicted PS3 sales of around 75 million by 2010.

The article actually said this:

• A Research and Markets report released in early January predicted PS3 sales of around 75 million by 2010.

Since the wording other then the retracted portion is pefectly replicated I imagine Hus copy and pasted the sentence and took out this portion to make the comments sound more recent.

iandrade said:

To foresee the market is pure loses of time. We have that to take in consideration… strategy of the companies, acceptance of the market, “N” factors that lead to a console if to become number ONE. For me, it is person job who does not have what to make… In other words, inutil job.

You are right. It is VERY difficult to predict the future. We can only guess what will happen based on what HAS happened in the past. Because usually there are factors that nobody takes into account. Only the future will tell.