By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Family Guy Advert is annoying

Express your views here.

I agree 15 57.69%

I agree as well 11 42.31%

Total:26
badgenome said:
Family Guy is annoying.

Your avatar is annoying. I like this game.

Around the Network
McDonaldsGuy said:
Jay520 said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
Get AdBlock if you use Firefox (though I think they have AdBlock for Chrome as well).

It's a miracle worker - I get no ads for YouTube as well!

The problem would still exist on my phone and my PS3. Besides, I shouldn't have to block it. It shouldn't exist. Everyone hates it, evidenced by the poll results. I lived with this madness for months thinking it would go away, but it hasn't. I feel its time to speak out.

Yeah but the PS3 and phone experience isn't that great anyway haha, but yeah I can see what you're saying. I just went on this website on Internet Explorer (barf!) and the Family Guy ad scared the crap out of me, yeah it's pretty bad. But I can't blame VG Chartz, they have to make money. This website gets a lot of traffic so they need to make $$$ to keep it running (and to make it profitable).

Didn't VG Chartz used to have a premium service? Do they still? If they do, that and AdBlock are the only solutions cause VG Chartz likely won't be getting rid of their revenue stream anytime soon (not that I work here, but simple business sense).

You can get an adblocker for IE, just look into Tracking Protection lists.  No third-party apps to install, just go to a site, download a list, and re-launch the browser.  It's built right into IE.

I only see it a couple times a day, maybe like 2 or 3 times, so it doesn't bother me that much.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Apparently I had my volume turned very high, and then all of a sudden this dude starts screaming about Family Guy and I almost fall out of my chair.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Its a shame this site became so ad hungry. Its ruined it.