By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSP has no good games...what?

Exit, Locoroco and Lumines are the kinds of hand held games that PSP needs more of, that are either not on consoles or just plain play better on a hand held (Lumines)...

Also, you mentioned FIFA in sports, but not Winning Eleven? Come on, we all know which soccer franchise is the best in the world :) 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Depends on what kind of game people like... There are about 5 games I like on it... I would never buy a console or handheld for only that, even if the games are really good.

lolita said:

Depends on what kind of game people like... There are about 5 games I like on it... I would never buy a console or handheld for only that, even if the games are really good.

I'm just quoting you because I can. But, what type of games do you like? (send it in a message if you dont feel like filling this thread with pointless BS)

EDIT: For those who think the PSP has no good games. Read below. 

I think the PSP has almost as many good games as the DS. There is a port of Oblivion coming to the PSP. (I call it a port, becuase you call a PS3 to Wii game a port too)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Lol, yes there are a lot of good games on the PSP (you forgot Ratchet and Monster Hunter 1 & 2 all three great games) but people who say that the PSP sucks because it has no good games look at this years line-up....

- Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

- God of War: Blades of Olympus

- Final Fantasy I

- Final Fantasy II

- Dead Head Fred

- Final Fantasy Tactics

- Monster Hunter Portable 2nd (US edition)

- Cube

- Driver '76

- Crush

- Hot Brain

- Elder Scrolls Oblivion: Travels

- Silent Hill: Origins

Any that I missed that are big? Im pretty sure all of these games are not ports from the PS2. The only ports on this list I think are the FF games. Oblivion isnt a port because its a different game with the same story.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

roadkillers said:

Lol, yes there are a lot of good games on the PSP (you forgot Ratchet and Monster Hunter 1 & 2 all three great games) but people who say that the PSP sucks because it has no good games look at this years line-up....

- Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

- God of War: Blades of Olympus

- Final Fantasy I

- Final Fantasy II

- Dead Head Fred

- Final Fantasy Tactics

- Monster Hunter Portable 2nd (US edition)

- Cube

- Driver '76

- Crush

- Hot Brain

- Elder Scrolls Oblivion: Travels

- Silent Hill: Origins

Any that I missed that are big? Im pretty sure all of these games are not ports from the PS2. The only ports on this list I think are the FF games. Oblivion isnt a port because its a different game with the same story.

I thought oblivion was diffrent story. It also takes place almost exclusivly in dungeons. (kinda funny to call it travels, as your staying in dungeons...)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

I have a PSP and I am very happy with it, so no problem here.

I think that if the PSP wants more sales it will need more games that appeal to the casuals, because it mostly have "hardcore" games. That's why the PSP is losing to DS, mass appeal.

Every console have good games, so it is stupid to say that the PSP have no good games.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Personally, I think PSP has a number of good games, although not as many as DS has.  But it has enough good games to make me consider it, and the Dracula X remake makes me WANT it.  Now if only they could redesign it to fix or mitigate the obvious design flaws like slow loading times, short battery life, no screen cover and a button over top of the screen so it doesn't work correctly.  Oh, and reduce the price some more, to like $100.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Everyone can agree though that the PSP is better then the DS in every way beside the games right (the games is what matters the most though)?

Though I do have a PSP and I have been playing Daxter non-stop since I got it, and it is an awesome game, cant wait till GoW PSP comes out (being developed by the daxter team).

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

roadkillers said:

Everyone can agree though that the PSP is better then the DS in every way beside the games right (the games is what matters the most though)?

Though I do have a PSP and I have been playing Daxter non-stop since I got it, and it is an awesome game, cant wait till GoW PSP comes out (being developed by the daxter team).

As much as I thought it was kind of unnecessary at first, I think the Dual Screens and Touch Screen are great additions; on top of that the battery life and clamshell design of the DS is better in my opinion.

My problem again with the psp is mostly that it offers weak console experiences. And most of the games are just that = console titles tweaked for a handheld. It's fine, some are really good, but honestly I'll have played Pokemon Diamond more in the long run then my entire psp library. And you'll notice what sells and loved by DS owners isn't usually loved by critics. Personally I loved Contact, everyone acted like it was a mediocre title. That's my problem, yeah the psp has great games but more often then not I don't feel like playing them, while these "average" Ds games even simple stuff like quickspot I find totally addicting. And it's apperant so does the rest of the world. The 4 games I'll exclude from this are: Tekken, Burnout, Jewel Summoner, Tales of Eternia. (and funny enough Tales never came out in america, and Jewel summoner was considered average. and burnout: domintor was okay the first one was good but I still like Revenge on my 360 better. Tekken though no if and or buts, simply a great game.)