By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP (30th June)! A week of new releases, Vita sales increase!

let me start by saying i haven't visited one of these threads in months...

...but wii

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

...but wii < psp?!?!? just wow.

Why is that such a big surprise to you?

NintendoPie said:
kitler53 said:

A) like i said, i haven't looked at the numbers in months.

B) psp is deader than dirt.  last i look wii was doing bad but still ~3xpsp numbers.

kitler53 said:
NintendoPie said:
kitler53 said:

A) like i said, i haven't looked at the numbers in months.

B) psp is deader than dirt.  last i look wii was doing bad but still ~3xpsp numbers.

Man, you really are out of the loop

Yeah, Wii has been dropping for months now. It'll likely hit 40k and stay there, same with Vita (though that may only drop to 45). 360 will likely drop below 70k and PS3 100k if nothing happens. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

SaviorX said:
thehusbo said:
SaviorX said:
thehusbo said:

Assasins creed 3 and black ops 2 aren't coming out on the vita! They are 2 new games, that won't be available on any other consoles. Black ops declassified and Assasins creed liberation. there's many fans of each franchise so why wouldn't they want to buy these games?  A portable call of duty has many things going for it. Zombies on the go? Multiplayer on the go? Cross play? Remote play? This has never happened before and could be huge if done right. Same applies to Assasins creed. It's a unique game so why wouldn't people want to buy a vita to play it? Gta vice and liberty city stories were spin offs which sold very well so why couldn't it work for Assasins creed? 

If I'm in the store looking at these games, I'm looking at the 'name change' and saying what is the difference really?

The GTA games were made by Rockstar; the quality is not the same in comparison. Also, the GTA series  was in general is WAY bigger in popularity back then then AC 3...or pardon me, Liberation is now.

Face facts, it IS NOT THE SAME!!!

LOL

Well you're first point is what YOU would say. Call of duty has millions of followers and some of those fans would buy the game knowing it is a new experience, a new game and on a new console. And by the way, call of duty is bigger than gran theft auto now. Regarding assassins creed you have no idea of the quality of the game. Ubisoft are great developers so it is highly likely the game will be a high standard, as all Assasins creed games are. I don't need to face any facts. You're a bit confused here it seems..

Confused? How can I make myself any more clear...

Call of Duty & Assassins Creed Vita WILL NOT

SELL SYSTEMS

FOR AN EXTENDED...PERIOD...OF TIME.

Gravity Rush was able to sell a few thousand Vitas by selling like 150k...but that was VERY short-lived. The 2 games in tandem will manage a bit more, but nowhere near enough to offset the true difficulties the Vita is going through and WILL go through later.

Numbers do not lie.. how many millions do you think, COD&AC can sell on Vita combined? I just want to know.

My guess and u can quote me on this: call of duty black ops declassified 5million/ Assasins creed liberation 2.2million. Let's just leave it at that because at the moment it's all just speculation and dependant on a number of factors. However I would like to know your predictions. 

Around the Network
thehusbo said:

My guess and u can quote me on this: call of duty black ops declassified 5million/ Assasins creed liberation 2.2million. Let's just leave it at that because at the moment it's all just speculation and dependant on a number of factors. However I would like to know your predictions. 

OK, now you can't change it.

I don't see COD selling more than 2mil, Assassin's Creed the same.

Conegamer said:
thehusbo said:

Fair enough :) 

thehusbo said:
Conegamer said:
thehusbo said:

Fair enough :) 

As you said, we don't know. The Vita may have a pricecut beforehand, or the 3DS may be banned WW, or the games may be canned. Who knows! 

This stuff is crazy. We're far too far away. I hope it does well (to propel more great games on the Vita), but I remain pessimistic currently.

spurgeonryan said:

I was a little off ( by 200 thousand a month) with what I said in my last post about the 3DS, but I will still leave the 25-27 million part by years end.

As for the Vita. Around 240 thousand a month should be fair. Maybe too much after this week, but we will leave it. So one million by November about, and another Million in November ( who thinks that things will not turn around by then? No one? Thats what I thought) then at least 2 million in December. Another 4 million by the end of the year. Does anyone think more or less? If I am right then it will be at around 6-7 million by the end of the year. As long as Sony can keep making head way on the handheld then it will continue on. With in two years it should be able to at least cross the Game Gear. If it finally becomes popular then it will be less of course.

Unless Nintendo did not learn their lesson with the Wii and does the same thing at the end of the 3DS lifecycle and stop supporting it ;  the Vita should not be able to catch up. As we have seen with the 360 and the Wii this gen.

Because by the time the 3DS is at its two year mark it should be at or past 30 million. Last year it had the price boost and some good games to help it push to around 15 million I believe. This year it has the XL and some good games to continue that tradition and then some. Probably will even be a price reduction in there at retailers ( retail only).

18 Nintendo 3DS (3DS) 18.22 41.04 2.25 341
19 GameGear (GG) 10.62 38.26 3.60 332
20 PlayStation Vita (PSV) 2.30 3.84 1.67 130
21 Sega CD (SCD) 0.00 1.96 0.00 215
22 Neo Geo (NG) 0.00 1.51 0.00 168
23 WonderSwan (WS) 1.12 1.50 1.34 200

Man you post a lot. I think a lot of what will happen with vita is if Sony advertises it well. For example a good commercial with PASBR during the holidays would help it sell tons I think. But if they advertise games that do not sell that well probably will do worse.

Grats Vita but you will need more sales to keep those damn doomed people at bay. Perhaps by the end of this holiday season the gaming "journalist" will drop their dedicated handhelds are doomed and switch to home consoles are doomed.