By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP (30th June)! A week of new releases, Vita sales increase!

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

I don't think LEGO Batman coudl've done anything as it came out on all of the platforms. (Like ALLL of the platforms!)

And Gravity Rush doesn't seem like a game that would do too well in the West. 

Lego Batman is just another new game for Vita owners to play, and Gravity Rush may not be a big seller right now but that is because there are not many Vitas owned. Still has great Word of mouth, and I am sure people are buying the handheld just for that. Heck, if I have heard plenty about it then I am sure others have as well.

No, Gravity Rush just doesn't seem like a game Americans would play. It's too good.

Also, that lasy part is a lie. xD You are part of a Gaming Forum, that's why you know all this.

Around the Network

Why should the Wii have a good holiday season when its predecessor is on the market? It has done it's job, let it rest in peace.

Edit: I am dumbfounded that people push Gravity Rush that hard. It's a good game, but those gravity controls, especially the sliding, drive me insane. The challenges are pretty hard and moreso with those wobbly controls and when you want to restart them, those loading times are ridiculous.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Xenostar said:
Seems like a conversation between 2 dogs and space marine, these sales threads really have died these days.

It's because the console war is over, it's dead. Almost no one cares apart from maybe Turkish and ethomax.

Handhelds have a new generation but people were never that interested in handheld sales and the difference between 3DS and Vita is so clear.

Sadly no one seems to care for SW sales either.

spurgeonryan said:
mothman said:
spurgeonryan said:
Hey Conegamer! You going to reply to every last post and then some? Lol

I certainly hope when Heroes of Ruin actually releases it does better than that, although I will not hold my breath. There was no advertising for it and America did not even get the demo yet.

Poke conquest had some decent legs!

I find it interesting that the 3DS is still doing so horrible in America. Some games barely selling more than its DS counterpart.

Anyone else find it strange that the wii version of lego batman did so well, but spiderman crashed and burned on the wii?

Demo for Heroes of Ruin came out here yesterday. I played it for a bit yesterday.  Ran out of potions and painted myself into a corner. It seems that if you go through an area more than once the enemies get tougher and will kill you quickly.

You are in Canada, but I will go check now and see if it hit America as well. I do not remember when I saw that it was coming here. If it is coming out on the 17th of this month that should give people plenty of time to get hyped about it if they actually like it.

I think we share the same eShop but I could be wrong

Chandler said:

Why should the Wii have a good holiday season when its predecessor is on the market? It has done it's job, let it rest in peace.

Because people still wish to play Wii games, even if they don't have one yet? And they may not wish to buy a WiiU...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
I just have to pose a question to the general mass of users; do you still believe that Wii will have a good holiday season? It was beaten last year and this year so far has been atrocious compared to the PS360.

Vita increases but does anyone actually care about this machine? I know its been somewhat of a flop here in Norway and Sweden and Denmark tend to be very similar markets.

Yeah the Wii sales dropped like a sack of potatoes. It will not have a good Holidays. Logically its sales should drop even more during Holidays (relatively speaking) since the Wii U will draw all the attention.

NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

I don't think LEGO Batman coudl've done anything as it came out on all of the platforms. (Like ALLL of the platforms!)

Lego Batman is just another new game for Vita owners to play, and Gravity Rush may not be a big seller right now but that is because there are not many Vitas owned. Still has great Word of mouth, and I am sure people are buying the handheld just for that. Heck, if I have heard plenty about it then I am sure others have as well.

No, Gravity Rush just doesn't seem like a game Americans would play. It's too good.

Also, that lasy part is a lie. xD You are part of a Gaming Forum, that's why you know all this.

The game who will make people buy the psvita is the games that peoples in gaming forum say it should not be inhandheld console like Assasin Creed and Call of Dutty.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

The game who will make people buy the psvita is the games that peoples in gaming forum say it should not be inhandheld console like Assasin Creed and Call of Dutty.

I don't think so. I don't see why people would buy a COD title on a new handheld when there's the quality and established community on the HD consoles. Same with Assassin's Creed, though to a lesser extent.

small44 said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

I don't think so. I don't see why people would buy a COD title on a new handheld when there's the quality and established community on the HD consoles. Same with Assassin's Creed, though to a lesser extent.

Little bump for Vita, but now there's nothing big for a while, right?

Amazing how low Wii has fallen, over 70% YoY.

Only 3DS and PS3 have decent sales really.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.