By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your ultimate RPG. Share yours!

Final Fantasy 9 & Secret of Mana. No better way to enjoy and immerse yourself in a lengthly RPG than with friends/family.

Around the Network

Grandia!!! It is by far one of the greatest RPG games of all time, the characters were so lovable, the battle system was superb, the story was really fun.

The Legend of Dragoon, FInal Fantasy IX, & Dragon Quest VIII.

Panzer Dragoon Saga. It's the best RPG I've ever played. Long enough to feel epic and tell a full story with complex characters, but short enough to never get tedious like almost all RPGs. I almost never replay RPGs, but I've replayed Panzer Dragoon several times. It's like rewatching a really good movie, you just keep noticing stuff you didn't see the first time through. The only other RPG series that comes close is Mass Effect.

Get a Saturn and play all the Panzer Dragoon games. I don't care if you mod the Saturn and pirate Panzer Dragoon Saga or pay the $300 to get a legit copy, but all gamers should play it at some point. It's too bad it's such a rare game.

V-r0cK said:
Final Fantasy 9 & Secret of Mana. No better way to enjoy and immerse yourself in a lengthly RPG than with friends/family.

My first playthrough of FF9 was with my brother. Good times.......then the bastard beat the final boss without me.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:
Panzer Dragoon Saga. It's the best RPG I've ever played. Long enough to feel epic and tell a full story with complex characters, but short enough to never get tedious like almost all RPGs. I almost never replay RPGs, but I've replayed Panzer Dragoon several times. It's like rewatching a really good movie, you just keep noticing stuff you didn't see the first time through. The only other RPG series that comes close is Mass Effect.

Get a Saturn and play all the Panzer Dragoon games. I don't care if you mod the Saturn and pirate Panzer Dragoon Saga or pay the $300 to get a legit copy, but all gamers should play it at some point. It's too bad it's such a rare game.

You should be thankful that it's only 300$ dollars in the US for a copy. For a PAL copy, the cheapest you can find one is 2000 € . Sega and their brilliant 10K PAL copies business strategy FTW. 

And I agree, Panzer Dragoon Saga is a game that all gamers should play or at least see once in their lives. It's one of my favourite games of all time.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Hmm, probably Suikoden 3 or Super Mario RPG.

BasilZero said:

Terranigma - Possibly the Action RPG that rivals Secret of Mana 2 imo, although the game was never released outside of Japan, I managed to get a hold of the game, and man is this game amazing, kinda mixing up new religious themes with historical events and characters, what an original idea! You play as one character, you remake the whole world, resurrect the plants, animal life, the wind, etc and save/encounter several historical characters such as Christopher Columbus. This is one of the RPGs that also inspired Kingdom Hearts imo and is the first Action RPG I can think of that enabled you to jump during in battle and out of battle.

Terranigma was released in Europe, and so were the two other games of the Soul Blazer Triology.

IMO Illusion of Time was the best out of the three, but with Terranigma coming a really close second.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Gotta say Skyrim. The game just keeps offering more awesomeness even after nearly 200 hours of playtime. I would probably pay $100 for the sequel if I had to!

Faxanadu said:
BasilZero said:

Terranigma - Possibly the Action RPG that rivals Secret of Mana 2 imo, although the game was never released outside of Japan, I managed to get a hold of the game, and man is this game amazing, kinda mixing up new religious themes with historical events and characters, what an original idea! You play as one character, you remake the whole world, resurrect the plants, animal life, the wind, etc and save/encounter several historical characters such as Christopher Columbus. This is one of the RPGs that also inspired Kingdom Hearts imo and is the first Action RPG I can think of that enabled you to jump during in battle and out of battle.

Terranigma was released in Europe, and so were the two other games of the Soul Blazer Triology.

IMO Illusion of Time was the best out of the three, but with Terranigma coming a really close second.

I thought all three were excellent myself, but Terranigma just had much more to offer me. Yet, Illusion of Time has the best moment; that is when the Princess's pet pig jumps in the camp fire, to cook itself in order to feed the starving tribesmen =P
It's a somewhat dark and depressing scene that is increibly humourous to reflect on.

Terranigma though, particularly once getting past Bloody Mary, is just filled with very satisfying and rewarding stuff; I loved building up all of the cities around the world, and following the worldwide/historywide conspiracy.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.