By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create - Week 25 - Pokémon Week!

pokemon numbers are for the first two days?will we see different numbers on vgcharts?

Around the Network

People saying how Pokemon caused no 3DS boost need to keep in mind that due to the 3DS Xl announcement it is almost impossible to tell if it boosted it or not. For all we know without pokemon 3DS sales would have dropped.

Persona held up okay. Interesting to see why Famitsu has it below Tokyo Jungle. Gotta be some massively different numbers for one of the games.

DQM holding up very well indeed. Looking like a million seller.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

You think in 2 day all persons dropped they preorder due to the annonce of 3ds XL.

I was sure that a ds game can't boost 3ds i was true.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Pokemon B/W 2 acheivements

- Third best opening for a DS game
- Second biggest opening for a Pokemon game
- First game to sell a million units this year, on any platform
- Seventeenth best opening in Japan
- Best opening for a third version game (if you count it)

Glad, to see Fire Emblem still selling! Can't wait for it to come to North America in 2013!

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Vita dropped hard! I expected 20k at least.. damn!

And anyone else amazed by DQ's hold? I thought the second week was quite low, but it's going very strong now!

Around the Network
kopstudent89 said:
Vita dropped hard! I expected 20k at least.. damn!

And anyone else amazed by DQ's hold? I thought the second week was quite low, but it's going very strong now!

Sold-out game behavior

Great sales, but square killed its chances of being fantastic.

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Pokemon B/W 2 acheivements

- Third best opening for a DS game
- Second biggest opening for a Pokemon game
- First game to sell a million units this year, on any platform
- Seventeenth best opening in Japan
- Best opening for a third version game (if you count it)

Glad, to see Fire Emblem still selling! Can't wait for it to come to North America in 2013!

It's coming to NA fall 2012. they wanna get it out this year before the DS fades away me thinks!

And yes, Fantastic opening!

Well the 3ds only went up by a little bit despite the pokemon release. The timing of the 3DS LL must surely have been to prevent people from being angry at Nintendo, from people buying a 3ds and then hearing about a new release right after. For a normal week it probably wouldn't have mattered much, but Pokemon releasing is not a normal week.

Very nice hold for DQM: Terry. With stock available now, it is holding on very well.

PSV dropped like a rock. I wonder what kind of boost the white model will give it next week? P4G also had a large drop. I wonder who said it would do 60k this week? ;-p

Only 1 more month until the new 3DS releases!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

@kopstudent89 No, Nintendo Direct already told us it was in 2013 for North America and Europe.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

smbu2000 said:

Well the 3ds only went up by a little bit despite the pokemon release. The timing of the 3DS LL must surely have been to prevent people from being angry at Nintendo, from people buying a 3ds and then hearing about a new release right after. For a normal week it probably wouldn't have mattered much, but Pokemon releasing is not a normal week.

Very nice hold for DQM: Terry. With stock available now, it is holding on very well.

PSV dropped like a rock. I wonder what kind of boost the white model will give it next week? P4G also had a large drop. I wonder who said it would do 60k this week? ;-p

Only 1 more month until the new 3DS releases!

Yeah... who was that idiot?? :P

(But 30 k at least is not the end of the world. Let's see famitsu number though... they're the ones that enter history, and they seen to be much lower...)