By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kaz Hirai Leaves Sony Computer Entertainment Position (but remains as Sony CEO)

I'm sure that Andrew House will be named the new Representative and Chairman of Sony Computer Entertainment. Just don't let him have too much time on the E3 stage though.

Around the Network

Let David Jaffe take that role im sure he'll bring a lot of he's latent

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Well that sure was a baity title aimed at the reactionary. It's almost like a thread title 3½ years ago saying "Obama leaves Illinois Senate Seat"...

Anyone with sense knew that it was not only inevitable but maybe even overdue. Dude got a promotion! SCE is small potatoes now compared to what he's responsible for now. Kind of non-news when you think about it. News will be who will assume the role now, which is weird that wasn't already decided and announced to coincide with this as is typical in situations like this.

Darth Tigris said:
Well that sure was a baity title aimed at the reactionary.

It was the original article title, I decided to stick with it to draw in viewers for my threads.

happydolphin said:
Signalstar said:
Misleading title. People need to learn how to read before commenting. Kaz had too many titles and positions within Sony so he decided to let go of a few. He is still President and CEO.

Who said the opposite?

It seems like plenty of people, according to some of the posts in this thread.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Maybe Sony should get Bobby Kotick to head SCE. He certainly knows how to make a profit.

Ughhhh, I can already hear Kotick announcing Uncharted 8 at E3 2017.

Time to reawaken a sleeping giant..

MasterVG71782 said:
happydolphin said:
Signalstar said:
Misleading title. People need to learn how to read before commenting. Kaz had too many titles and positions within Sony so he decided to let go of a few. He is still President and CEO.

Who said the opposite?

It seems like plenty of people, according to some of the posts in this thread.

You might want to provide links. I went over all the posts and none said that he wasn't President and CEO (i.e. the opposite).

BasilZero said:
NintendoPie said:
Well... that was quite a short time for him to be in that position...

He was part of Sony Computer Entertainment (which he just left) since 2006.

He is still the president and CEO of Sony Corp.

Wasn't he given a better position? This is the one I thought he resigned from.

well he is still pesident and ceo, so nothings changed really