By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance 1 vs Resistance 2 - Graphics

Managed to get my hands on a screenshot from Resistance 2 and have included a shot from RFOM for comparisons.

Resistance: Fall of Man (November 2006)

Resistance 2 (November 2008?)

It certainly is looking very nice at this early stage.  Could be a contender for best FPS graphically over Killzone 2. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

For me Insomniac certainly has shown the most impressive 3rd party performance as a company for next-gen systems so far.

Judging from the scans the game doesn't only seem graphically more advanced than the first Resistance game, but a lot more complex in other areas as well (for example the dropship!). And then the features which have been revealed were almost too good to be true!

Both Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 have been my most anticipated games since many months (Killzone 2 since the beginning, Resistance 2 since finishing Resistance 1), both games look like being amazing fun. The more the better! 8-)

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

It certainly does look considerably better all round going by the image above. The most exciting thing about it, is that developers are just stratching the surface of what the PS3 can do. It is apparent with the likes of Uncharted, Killzone 2 and now Resistance 2, that games at least graphically are coming on leaps and bounds.

I agree that Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 are now creating some great hype along with the potential sequel to Uncharted as well, I can't wait!!!

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

You can't really tell anything by comparing screenshots.

That first screenie makes R:FoM look pretty awesome, but it suffered from some really bland environments. I am sure Resistance 2 will look a whole lot better, but I am not sure it can look much better than what we have seen of Killzone 2.

It's fair to say that Insomniac have a better track record than Guerilla, so R2 is probably a safer bet in gameplay terms, but graphically the trailer for K2 still beats everything except Crysis (on max settings).

@ Played_Out

Well Stated.

Around the Network

well in the end R2 will definitely look better then the first

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

A bit difficult to compare a fuzzy magazine scan to a real screenshot....

Still, I don't doubt that Resistance 2 will be an improvement over the first one.

Looks good, although it's true those two pictures make a pretty bad comparison.

How good a reputation does the developer have with delivering accurate screenshots (ie. not photoshopped)? Their list of titles includes some pretty big names, but I'm unfortunately rather unfamiliar with their past.

There's little doubt that Insomniac will deliver (as always), but I'd like to see both games in a vertical comparison and in action before I get impressed. Some scenes where things blow up and a heap of characters are on screen at once, and possibly some lighting show-offery underground or at some scenic viewpoint!

Resistance: Fall of Man overall looked pretty good to me though, maybe not very colorfull, but IMO that wouldn't per se have helped the target atmospheric feeling for this game, at least not like it does for a game like Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction. Most importantly I liked the story and gameplay, resulting into me eagerly wanting to experience what's going to happen in the next release!

With regard to Killzone 1, I read the game mainly suffered from technical limitations and issues, many reviewers stated this game aimed too high for the PS2. This and other criticism judging from the demonstration videos have been dealt with and the basic concept greatly imporved upon, Killzone 2 has become a much MUCH larger project than the first title was.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales