By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 Goes Interstellar! - New GT5 statistics, crazy!

CGI-Quality said:
AndrewWK said:
CGI-Quality said:
AndrewWK said:
Well at least Sony has one huge selling franchise.

This has always been there one huge selling franchise, just like Halo has always been Microsoft's one huge selling franchise. Nothing new.

OT: Mighty impressive statistics.

Yeah but Microsoft brings almost every year a Halo game and Sony only once in a generation a Gran Tourismo game

I'm not seeing your point (though this is the first gen where GT hasn't seen mutiple full iterations). Still doesn't negate what I said - Sony has never had anything bigger than GT. Nothing new and nothing wrong with that, either.

This gen Uncharted has been bigger than GT on PS3.

Around the Network

Wow this has got to be the most played racing game of the gen!

dsage01 said:

More than Mario Kart Wii?

Kynes said:
CGI-Quality said:
AndrewWK said:
CGI-Quality said:
AndrewWK said:
Well at least Sony has one huge selling franchise.

This has always been there one huge selling franchise, just like Halo has always been Microsoft's one huge selling franchise. Nothing new.

OT: Mighty impressive statistics.

Yeah but Microsoft brings almost every year a Halo game and Sony only once in a generation a Gran Tourismo game

I'm not seeing your point (though this is the first gen where GT hasn't seen mutiple full iterations). Still doesn't negate what I said - Sony has never had anything bigger than GT. Nothing new and nothing wrong with that, either.

This gen Uncharted has been bigger than GT on PS3.

Your comparing 3 full Uncharted Games with one full GT game and a demo...

Kynes said:
dsage01 said:

Well...on HD consoles...but my racing game of all time is certainly GT5.

Around the Network

Kind of discouraging. It would still take 1367 years to reach the next star with 2.6 Million mph. With 1000 times more player if all Humans on Earth would play GT5 the combined length in 577 days, would be almost a one way trip to the nearest star. Doesn't sound that impressive. I wonder how many miles all cars on earth ever build drove.

dsage01 said:
Kynes said:
dsage01 said:

Well...on HD consoles...but my racing game of all time is certainly GT5.

it sold most so it should be most played (makes sense). stats are high like in every every other game with high sales as well, if jumped miles in mario, dead people in cod or shot goals in fifa. so yeah, it always sounds impressive but it isn't as impressive as it sounds considering millions of sales and they don't really say if it is more played than forza 3 or need for speed or whatever (but it should be more, forza players waste way too much time for designs^^)

only important number in my opinion would be average driven miles per player compared to other racing games to see how much a game is really played and how many throw it in the corner after few hours (which shouldn't be the case for great racing sims like gt). or not even then because different racing games have different tracks and cars with different average speed per miles. ok then only average played hours per player.

btw there is something wrong in op, it should be like 10x as much online miles as it is there. 500 miles with ~7.5 million sold games isn't 36billion miles.

Sal.Paradise said:

I was never a racing sim person, until I tried out GT5P and GT5. Ended up buying a wheel and driving tens of thousands of miles. Amazing game and well deserved.

You are a girl.... right?

AndrewWK said:
Sal.Paradise said:

I was never a racing sim person, until I tried out GT5P and GT5. Ended up buying a wheel and driving tens of thousands of miles. Amazing game and well deserved.

No, girls can't drive. 

Sal.Paradise said:
AndrewWK said:
Sal.Paradise said:

No, girls can't drive. 

I know, but they are still trying. It is cute, and dangerous.