By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Steam Profile Analysis

good to see some magic players here,

i do play on PC but i haven't installed via steam apart from red orchestra,for example i bought magic tactics but not via steam,do you all buy your games via steam or are there games you have played a lot not connected to steam

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:

i do play on PC but i haven't installed via steam apart from red orchestra,for example i bought magic tactics but not via steam,do you all buy your games via steam or are there games you have played a lot not connected to steam

I would say most of my recent games are on Steam but I still buy discounted/import retail games as they are cheaper and I don't have to download them. Things like The Witcher 2, Max Payne 3 and also some games that are not on Steam at all like Path of Exile, Star Craft 2 and Minecraft.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
zuvuyeay said:

I would say most of my recent games are on Steam but I still buy discounted/import retail games as they are cheaper and I don't have to download them. Things like The Witcher 2, Max Payne 3 and also some games that are not on Steam at all like Path of Exile, Star Craft 2 and Minecraft.

thats right  i buy alot of discounted retail games,soemtimes like red orchestra you have to install via steam but otherwise like might and magic Iv i don't,i am a bit of a noob with PC games as i only had one recently that can manage older games,can you not play multipalyer unles you upload via steam with your friends or do you have to buy off steam to be connected with your friends

is steam just a shop you have a profile on that records your gaming or is it more than that community wise,i also now have a download limit which effects what/how i buy fortunately i will be moving soon and have more money back so i can scrap my limit,hooray,its quite annoying as i rent movies and download a fair bit off psn too,luckily its not the soccer season so i have more space going

edit,while we are here is anyone interested in this secret world game,i looked for a thread but must have missed it if there was one

Above & Beyond

General Information

Username: Alebelly
Games Owned: 62
Games Played: 35
Games Never Played: 27
Percentage Played: 56.45%
Total Hours: 292.20
Game TitleHours Played
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 44.3
Batman: Arkham City™ 43.9
Sid Meier's Civilization V 41.7
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning™ 25.2
Ridge Racer™ Unbounded 23.4
Portal 2 20.5
Ys: The Oath in Felghana 12.2
Half-Life 2 10.2
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition 9.9
Binary Domain 9.6
Spec Ops: The Line 7.3
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition 7.2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution 6.0
Just Cause 2 4.3
Metro 2033 3.7
Two Worlds II 2.9
Serious Sam 3: BFE 2.0
Alan Wake 1.8
Assassin's Creed Revelations 1.8
BioShock 1.6
Grand Theft Auto IV 1.6
RAGE 1.5
Darksiders 1.4
Borderlands 1.4
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 1.4
Dead Space 1.1
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 1.0
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box 0.8
Driver San Francisco 0.6
Quantum Conundrum 0.6
F.E.A.R. 3 0.5
Analogue: A Hate Story Demo 0.3
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition 0.3
Fallen Earth 0.1
Half-Life 2: Episode One 0.1
BIT.TRIP RUNNER 0
Borderlands DLC: Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution 0
Borderlands DLC: Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot 0
Borderlands DLC: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx 0
Borderlands DLC: The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned 0
Braid 0
Bulletstorm 0
Bunch Of Heroes 0
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer 0
Dead Space 2 0
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition 0
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link 0
Deus Ex: Invisible War 0
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City 0
Half-Life 2: Episode Two 0
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast 0
LIMBO 0
Mafia II 0
Mirror's Edge 0
Portal 0
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 0
Super Meat Boy 0
Team Fortress 2 Beta 0
The Darkness II 0
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers 0
Tomb Raider: Underworld 0
Vessel 0

Like others have said, I've played quite a bit in offline mode, so some of this isn't accurate

General Information

Username: Nevermore
Games Owned: 80
Games Played: 45
Games Never Played: 35
Percentage Played: 56.25%
Total Hours: 887.30

Game Title Hours Played
Team Fortress 2 380.6
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 121.4
Alien Swarm 61.1
Tropico 4 52.8
Deus Ex: Human Revolution 24.4
Monday Night Combat 21.2
Pirates, Vikings, & Knights II 20.7
Portal 2 17.7
Bastion 16.6
Killing Floor 15.9
Poker Night at the Inventory 13.5
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition 13.0
Left 4 Dead 2 12.9
DC Universe Online 12.2
From Dust 10.7
Amnesia: The Dark Descent 9.9
Aliens vs. Predator 9.8
Magicka 7.8
Day of Defeat: Source 7.7
Alan Wake 7.6
Sonic Generations 6.3
Sam & Max 305: The City that Dares not Sleep 5.9
Mirror's Edge 4.7
LIMBO 2.9
Spiral Knights 2.6
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition 2.5
Nation Red 2.5
Metro 2033 2.3
AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity 2.2
Dear Esther 2.2
Audiosurf 2.2
The Wonderful End of the World 2.1
Portal 2.0
Hydrophobia: Prophecy 2.0
Team Fortress 2 Beta 1.2
Garry's Mod 1.1
Left 4 Dead 0.9
Super Meat Boy 0.9
Braid 0.7
BioShock 2 0.7
Winter Voices - Demo 0.7
Machinarium 0.5
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast 0.4
The Cat and the Coup 0.2
Psychonauts 0.1

Hehe, Team Fortress 2 almost has more game time than all other games combined. ^^

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:

thats right  i buy alot of discounted retail games,soemtimes like red orchestra you have to install via steam but otherwise like might and magic Iv i don't,i am a bit of a noob with PC games as i only had one recently that can manage older games,can you not play multipalyer unles you upload via steam with your friends or do you have to buy off steam to be connected with your friends

is steam just a shop you have a profile on that records your gaming or is it more than that community wise,i also now have a download limit which effects what/how i buy fortunately i will be moving soon and have more money back so i can scrap my limit,hooray,its quite annoying as i rent movies and download a fair bit off psn too,luckily its not the soccer season so i have more space going

edit,while we are here is anyone interested in this secret world game,i looked for a thread but must have missed it if there was one

Well only games that you buy off steam or are steamworks titles (activate on steam no matter where you buy them) will have things like steam showing what you are playing and being able to send an invite to play. Most games will have some form of internal freinds system for multiplayer tho, it's kinda one of the downsides of the decentralisation of PC gaming as there isn't any unified system, but that freedom is one of the main advantages of PC gaming at the same time.

Steam does have quite a few community features like showing what steam games people are playing, freinds lists, group/clan support and things like that.

I have tight download restrictions and a slow connection so I feel your pain on that. As for the Secret World I am not really an MMO guy and I sure as hell aint going to pay a sub to play one lol.  

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Mine is pathetic.

Sid Meier's Civilization V 36h
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II 34h

Total hours 70h
Games played 100%

Then again I do not really like Steam. (The games I bought REQUIRED steam.)

trying to add some people on steam and there is a lot of multiple names it leaves me all confused

@ zarx yuo have download limit and slow connection i am surprised i thought you'd have real network power as you are quite a PC man on here

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
trying to add some people on steam and there is a lot of multiple names it leaves me all confused

@ zarx yuo have download limit and slow connection i am surprised i thought you'd have real network power as you are quite a PC man on here

on't need a great Internet connection to play PC games

@TheVoxelman on twitter

zuvuyeay said:

I get all mine on steam.

Personally, I love collectable card games, but only play the videogame versions.

I can't rationalize buying boosters.  God knows what they cost now, but way back when they used to be a buck, and you'd hope you'd get one out of 7 cards that were useful.  I used to buy them as a kid only because my allowance was $5 bucks... and the price to rent a videogame was 4 dollars even.  (Well SNES was 4, NES was 2 for 4.)