By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Extensive water in Mars' interior

Tagged games:

Wow, I swear I read this years ago. Must have been an article just for the great headline then.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
So when humans destroyed Earth God brought a humanoid named Adam and a humanoid named eve to earth to start over. The rest ran out of oxygen and turned to dust over a billion years. Interesting theory apm.

This is amazing research.. who knew this is what really happened. Leave it to our amazing scientists to show the true workings of God and humans originating on Mars.

Biker mice from Mars...i loved that series :)
my favourite was the white one

BasilZero said:
Mars containing same volume of water as Earth interesting, but I wonder if its true that there was actual intelligent life and if there was, wonder what happened to them o.o.

Same thing that'll happen to us. All it takes is a sizable space rock to hit our planet, and we're done... that's just one scenario. 

superchunk said:
I really want to know how in the world they know a meteorite came from a specific planet? We've yet to return from Mars with actual soil samples, so how do they know with any certainty that its from Mars?

I was wondering this myself. I had a look and the rocks they mention (shergottites) are believed to come from Mars based on elemental and isotopic composition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martian_meteorite

In the study, this was the actual meterorite used (a fragment I'm assuming):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shergotty_meteorite

Around the Network

Yeah, I learned this years ago in one of my astronomy classes.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

BasilZero said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
BasilZero said:
Mars containing same volume of water as Earth interesting, but I wonder if its true that there was actual intelligent life and if there was, wonder what happened to them o.o.

Same thing that'll happen to us. All it takes is a sizable space rock to hit our planet, and we're done... that's just one scenario. 

Well I know that ;p

But I guess its hard to find out what exactly happened, but a large meteorite crashing into the planet is just that generic answer when you dont know what happened exactly.

I would imagine if people don't know they wouldn't have an answer at all... anyway I don't know if we'll ever know what happened to Mars... how do you even find out? lol

I'm sure there's a way, but I bet it's expensive as hell to look into and it's pretty pointless information anyway. It is kinda cool to thing that maybe there were Martians so developed that they were able to see our planet in the same way we can now see theres... maybe they would have seen dinos if they were around a couple hundred million years ago.

BasilZero said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
BasilZero said:

Well I know that ;p

But I guess its hard to find out what exactly happened, but a large meteorite crashing into the planet is just that generic answer when you dont know what happened exactly.

I would imagine if people don't know they wouldn't have an answer at all... anyway I don't know if we'll ever know what happened to Mars... how do you even find out? lol

I'm sure there's a way, but I bet it's expensive as hell to look into and it's pretty pointless information anyway. It is kinda cool to thing that maybe there were Martians so developed that they were able to see our planet in the same way we can now see theres... maybe they would have seen dinos if they were around a couple hundred million years ago.

No no, I mean like in the whole idea of theories.

Sorry, what do you mean?

hatmoza said:
Yeah, I learned this years ago in one of my astronomy classes.

Huh? The paper only came out in March.

BasilZero said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
BasilZero said:
No no, I mean like in the whole idea of theories.

Sorry, what do you mean?

When I said in my last post (the one before that) what I said, I said they'll come up with theories rather than doing extensive research like you said its expensive and more than likely useless information ;p

Doesn't something only become a theory after extensive research? I don't think it's the other way around, scientifically speaking. I think what you're talking about is a hypothesis. Not sure though, could someone scientifically literate help us out here?