By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NEW 3DS XL! Circle Pad Pro XL announced!!! End of limited 3D sweet spot? Check OP for preview!

Tagged games:

smbu2000 said:
PSwii60 said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
I'm surprised most people don't know this.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=179818

Everything moves over! Yes, even the ambassador games and title! Streetpass, play coins, unlocked content, everything!

I know. I try to revive a thread about this to update everybody. It does transfer everything but it also wipes out the 3DS where you're transferring from. I have a launch 3DS and I no longer have the Ambassador Certificate. My gf does with her newly bought 3DS.

Yes, the 3DS "transfers" over to the new system. It doesn't "copy", it transfers. The old system will be like it was when you first got it. I transferred my profile/games/etc. to my new 3ds at the time and sold my launch one, which had been wiped from the transfer.

I understood that. I meant to do exactly what I wanted. Neither of my posts show confusion between 'transfer' and 'copy'. My posts were meant as clarification what 'Data Transfer' entails.

Around the Network

il stick with normal 3ds, no point imo

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I think here are the reasons why they didn't put the second stick in:

1) Making an XL version of CCP (just listing)
2) Support is being cut off or dim down
3) Consumers might be confused if the design changes too much
4) Developers would've forced the usage into their games, thereby making early buyers feel lefted out buying the early model in the first place and forcing them to buy the CCP(which is a Gamestop exclusive).
5) CCP also includes two shoulders buttons, so they would have to spend more time making the system even more (probably cost more too), also causing more confusion if it had more triggers than the original 3DS. (Goes along with 4 since devs will force that as well.)

This is more or less a future fear. Devs would've force the new inputs in their games and that would've left out the already millions of current 3DS owners. And considering the CCP doesn't become a success or isn't supplied enough, then all future 3DS games might require the CCP to play or it'll feel uncomfortable playing them without the CCP (a la Metal Gear Solid 3D).

This is just a random thought and my own opinion on the matter.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

zero129 said:
I'm going to go to Gamestop tomorrow and find out how much they will give me for my 3DS in store credit against this when it launches.

Tell us when you know, I still can't believe I'll be in the us to buy this at launch :3

I feel screwed after I splashed out on a 3ds in February, now I feel like I've got the shittier version of the 3ds :(

Around the Network

Meh looks to big anyway, I like my 3ds more

Soriku said:
Is there any way the original 3DS will drop in price slightly with this (at least online) or will it stay the same? The bigger screen is very enticing but you can find a good condition used 3DS on Ebay for a little over $100 rather than pay the $200 expected for this.

maybe true, but that doesn't have anything to do with the people who actually want a bigger screen.  People have different tastes and there is gonna be a lot of people who don't mind paying 200 (which i think is a good price) for a much larger NEW unit with better battery life.  I think another reason they went so big was because of it being a media player for those who have netflix and hulu

Looks pretty cool. Looks like a much better competitor to the Vita.
Although at this point, it doesn't look like Nintendo is gonna make a model with an included second circle pad

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Good:
1. Better battery life
2. 4Gb SD card instead of the 2Gb one
3. Much bigger screens
4. Very good price

Bad:
1. Too big for a portable device
2. No base and battery charger included?
3. Same resolution on a bigger screen
4. Less appealing colours?

Its up to you to decide, imo the good beats the bad...

chriscox1121 said:
Soriku said:
Is there any way the original 3DS will drop in price slightly with this (at least online) or will it stay the same? The bigger screen is very enticing but you can find a good condition used 3DS on Ebay for a little over $100 rather than pay the $200 expected for this.

maybe true, but that doesn't have anything to do with the people who actually want a bigger screen.  People have different tastes and there is gonna be a lot of people who don't mind paying 200 (which i think is a good price) for a much larger NEW unit with better battery life.  I think another reason they went so big was because of it being a media player for those who have netflix and hulu

Well, also the 3D effect would probably be more impressive on a bigger screen

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash