By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: Why Vita gives us an advantage over Wii U

AlphaCielago said:
Well, we will first need to see if the Wii U will connect to the 3DS in a similar way that the Vita connects to the PS3 and the 3DS has a processor.

I was about to post something similar. The capabilities of Vita and PS3 would be more similar to Wii U + 3DS connectivity. While there is the potential for linking the devices up, it is not going to be the same sort of experience as a Wii U controller and a Wii U game console which have a fully integrated experience.

IE:

* Can the Vita interact with the television screen the same way that the Wii U can (throwing shuriken at specific targets on the screen).

* How about the Golf game on the Wii U controller, where a Wii remote can be used to hit a ball on the Wii U screen and into the main TV screen?

Well, one thing that the Vita/PS3 integration has, is that at least the Vita has a proper gaming interface, unlike the Microsoft Smart Glass.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
thehusbo said:
It's a great idea, that if fully implemented would work really well, but I doubt it would get much support. As a vita owner I'm disappointed that with the current level of remote play supported games. Really they should start pushing it as much as possible now to steal some of the wii u's thunder.

I read somewhere that there's a firmware update coming that'll make all PS3 games remote play compatible.

I hope it's true. As it is, the feature is practically useless.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

theRepublic said:
Nintendo has been trying the home console and handheld connectivity thing for quite some time now. Consumers are not interested. The only way to make it work is to provide everything with the initial purchase.

This. So it will be a viable solution only when either PS3 or Vita price will drop to $199, so the sum of the separate prices will be $448 and it will be possible to price the bundle at $399, quite expensive, but with a bundled first party game too it could be perceived as good value (and it wouldn't exceed the first, highest possible psychological price threshold for the console market). Well, if they do it later, with costs further down, they could also include a Move Starter Pack, to resuscitate it too 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I think this guy was under bath salts when said that.

3DS friendcode: 2836 - 0151 - 1371

So two Sony systems put together are a little better than one Nintendo one? Is that what I'm hearing?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
Purashido said:
I think this guy was under bath salts when said that.

Then let's thank God he just rambled instead of eating somebody's face!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

The thread title alone shows how detached Sony is from the real world.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

Please do explain...

thehusbo said:
sales2099 said:

Please do explain...

Well to state the obvious, unless Vita picks up soon, its presence in the market isnt helping Sony at all. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
thehusbo said:
sales2099 said:

Please do explain...

Well to state the obvious, unless Vita picks up soon, its presence in the market isnt helping Sony at all. 

Well can that can addressed in a number of ways- price cuts/bundles/new games. They are just saying vitas capabilities gives it an advantage over what the wii u tablet can do.