By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Latest xbox 720 rumors real? Leaked Xbox 720 documents removed at the request of Microsoft's lawyers

Do you think the documents are real?

Yeah 39 60.94%

No 25 39.06%

Total:64
SvennoJ said:

"The block diagram below shows a system with a 6-8 core x86 or ARM-based CPU, 4GBs of RAM, a separate ARM-based, dual core embedded CPU for low power media functionality, AND the original tri-core PowerPC CPU from the 360 for backwards compatibility. Despite all that they are targeting a system that will operate at 120 watts, a little more than half the power dissipated by the launch 360 and PS3. They are also targeting a $299 price point, including Kinect packed in with each console, and a launch in 2013."

And a blu-ray drive, all for $299 at launch? I hope it's not $299 with a 2 year contract.

The new xbox at 299 dollar WITH Kinect 2? If that is real then I suspect the new Xbox to be not much more powerful then the WiiU. 299 dollar is in itself already cheap for a new console, but with Kinect 2 included in the pricetag it should mean they cut cost in other areas, like the cpu/gpu.

Around the Network

Seems plausible to me.

SvennoJ said:

"The block diagram below shows a system with a 6-8 core x86 or ARM-based CPU, 4GBs of RAM, a separate ARM-based, dual core embedded CPU for low power media functionality, AND the original tri-core PowerPC CPU from the 360 for backwards compatibility. Despite all that they are targeting a system that will operate at 120 watts, a little more than half the power dissipated by the launch 360 and PS3. They are also targeting a $299 price point, including Kinect packed in with each console, and a launch in 2013."

And a blu-ray drive, all for $299 at launch? I hope it's not $299 with a 2 year contract.

It probably will be.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

$300 with a HD Kinect? If this is true, than MS is either going to have a relatively small leap in power next gen or they are selling this at a decent loss.

Turkish said:
fillet said:
Turkish I have a new found respect for you with that avatar, just wanted to say.

But no I do not think the documents are real.

I almost gave up on anime, untill I discovered all the goodness of the 80s and 90s anime. 14 year old protagonists are not appealing to me and everything has to be so kawai nowadays.

I'm with you on that, late 80s early 90s stuff is where it's at imo. Not that I'm an anime expert but I know what I like.

...Anyway, back OT :)

I posted in the other thread, but imo the power draw of 120w makes this completely fake, putting 8x the performance of the Xbox 360 GPU, BC and so on simply isn't possible with current technology or technology available in the next few years.

Current PC graphics cards that are 28nm and about 8x more powerful than an Xbox 360 GPU eat about 250-300w peak.

I realise there is massive die shrinking compared to 1st gen Xbox 360 chipsets, cpu and gpu, but even so. 120w is ridiculous. They haven't even got the original Xbox 360 down to that level yet - Edit - they have actually, sorry it's at 115w, but even so. It's taken 5-6 years to get it down from the original Xenon at 203w.

Around the Network
fillet said:
Turkish said:
fillet said:
Turkish I have a new found respect for you with that avatar, just wanted to say.

But no I do not think the documents are real.

I almost gave up on anime, untill I discovered all the goodness of the 80s and 90s anime. 14 year old protagonists are not appealing to me and everything has to be so kawai nowadays.

I'm with you on that, late 80s early 90s stuff is where it's at imo. Not that I'm an anime expert but I know what I like.

...Anyway, back OT :)

I agree with the both of you about the anime.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

To me it sounds like an strategy to steal Wii U's thunder, you throw a rumour that the next Xbox will be $299, we wont get confirmation in about 14-15 months from now in the meantime, people will be skeptical wether to buy the Wii U or not since a supposedly more powerful console is coming soon and for the same or even cheaper price.

Turkish said:
SvennoJ said:

The new xbox at 299 dollar WITH Kinect 2? If that is real then I suspect the new Xbox to be not much more powerful then the WiiU. 299 dollar is in itself already cheap for a new console, but with Kinect 2 included in the pricetag it should mean they cut cost in other areas, like the cpu/gpu.

Isn't the  "The block diagram below shows a system with a 6-8 core x86 or ARM-based CPU, 4GBs of RAM, a separate ARM-based, dual core embedded CPU for low power media functionality, AND the original tri-core PowerPC CPU from the 360 for backwards compatibility." part pretty impressive?

I am not a hardware tech nerd at all, but the differences to the Wii U seems to be majore ones.

Leaked Wii U features:

• Three cores (fully coherent)
  • 1.5 GB RAM
  • AMD Radeon 6770

Leaked Xbox 3 features:

• 6-8 cores
  • 4 GB RAM
  • 8 times Xbox 360s GPU
  • HDD
  • BluRay
  • Kinect v2

Xbox 360 features

• 3 cores
  • 512 MB
  • 500 Mhz AMD GPU

Sounds pretty powerful to me. $299 would be awesome with these specs.

And it would put a lot of pressure on Sony. They can't afford to sell their hardware at a loss with all their financial problems and they should not be much more expensive than $299 when Nintendo and Microsoft are in this price range. So their task will be to build a console as powerful as this one for $349 max.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

thismeintiel said:
$300 with a HD Kinect? If this is true, than MS is either going to have a relatively small leap in power next gen or they are selling this at a decent loss.

did you and trukish see there is 8x 360 there?which is biggest question(see fillet reply)

No thanks. Lots of resources wasted on casual stuff and gaming hardware too weak.

I want a console with a $4-500 launch price with one strong GPU dedicated to gaming. Hopefully Crytek and Epic are able to convince MS to change this roadmap.