By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - And the best picture winner is......

Atonement. WOHOOOOO! I havent been this excited for a movie winning since lotr winning the oscar for best picture. now this are the golde globes but they influenced partly who will get nominated for the oscars. i havent agreed with an oscar win since lotr. and CRASH DIDNT DESERVED WINNING BEST PICTURE, EVRYONE KNOWS BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN DESERVED IT.

My mini review:huge spoilerssssssssssssssssssss!HUGE SPOILERSSSSSSS!

IF YOU PLAN TO SEE IT DO NOT READ!!!!!!!OR IF YOU REALLY ARE CURIOUS DO AS U WISH!!!

Ok atonement was my most anitipated movie of last year. i had really high hopes for it and thankfully they paid off. this movie is exquisite. every scene in it ozees beauty. the cinematography its just breathtaking. the scenes were the liottle girl is running with the flashlight and james is walking through the war camp looking for a drink are gorgeous. keira knighley and james are the best couple they could had cast. they have so much chemistry and you actually feel for this characters. the story was incredible and OMG that typewriter score was breathtaking. can i download that score, i woul certantly love to. anyways im a sucker for big romantic movies and this movie gave me that feeling that these type of movies always give me. and then i cried. I CRIED. When briony was sitting on the tv interview talking about the story she had written was just heartbreaking. I felt so bad for her, her whlole life had been affected by the lie she told and no matter what she did she never forgot and always blame herself. i felt pity for her. and thats what got me. then i found out that the lovers had actually died and that she had made up the fact that they were together was what really struck me. i started crying really hard by then. thing is when i cry i make this weird noice, kind of like when a dog cries, and a couple of people from in front of me turned around. to make things worse my friends sees me and says are you crying, and i was lke omg just go back to wacthing the movie. if you dont cry in this movie you have no soul, at least thats what i think. never have i cried so much in a movie since brokeback mountain. and never have i actually kept crying even after the credits rolled. best movie of the year. too bad u dont get to see movies like this that ofen.
Ps ive have never read a book based on a movie this is the first time i will do so as i want to know every detail of this wonderful story.
In other words a must see movie you all should see like now....what are you waiting for, go on, GOOOO!

Putting the Box back in Ninlen!

Around the Network

Dude, that was... beautiful.

umm Crash deserved to win did you see that movie

Back to the point, to me Atonement looks like one of those movies that was made just so it could win an award and I'm not to crazy about the cast.

so yawn......

Haven't seen it...No Country for Old Men should be nominated though, that was a great one.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

OMG! How can people say atonement looks boring. just atakr a look at the treiler and you will fall in love with its beaty and you will want to know what the secret is. atonement has probably one of the best trailers ever and you are also able to listen to the incredible score. its so sad that people like you is what i called the average movie goer that pays to wacth bad movies. yet when a really good movie like atonement is done only smart people see it because u dont get movies like this very often. atonement was made for a movie for people to experience luckily enough it was so good that critiics praised it and awards are given to it. and the cst are you kidding me. james mcavoy is the new actor that is on the lookout. he is so good in this movie. im not really sure who played briony but her performance deserves an awrd, i mean she made me cry. and knighly was just perfect.

Around the Network

I have seen both atonement and No Country For Old Men, No country was better, its use of NOT having a soundtrack made the thrill that much greater, not to mention intesnse engaging storyline, plus incredible acting, atonement was good, but not as good as No Country For Old Men, or There Will Be Blood for that matter.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

thats ur opinion. my opinion is atonement is better. by the way im just amazed at how incredible the atonement score is.

I am legend.

I'm not talking about the movie, I'm serious.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."