By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever been in "The Zone?"

Oh ya.
It always happens to me in CSS, I always start low and then sometimes I just completely destroy everyone. But I gotta admit some guys are just too damn good in Counter-Strike.

Around the Network

Happens to me quite often in America's Army, which is great as every dead will congratulate you at the end of the round.

Happens when i am playing super smash brothers. I turn into something else. Its as if i have been possed by a super smash brothers playin demon. I transcend skill, it almost becomes instinctive lol.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

yeah, in TF2 it has been happening a lot lately. I suppose that being a Soldier helps too, because I get lot of assist points. but I die a lot.. and I don't mind. it's the kind of game that I can't be a camper or anything like that... I think the spawn time helps.

when I used to play Tactical Ops (UT99 mod) I managed sometimes to have some excelent K/D, because the game is round-based so I had to take care about not being killed easily..

sometimes I just check the scoreboard to see that I'm in the top 3 of my team. too bad I have really been unlucky lately as well, crap team and all. these days a bunch of guys in the other team even got those achievements of winning the map unbeaten (I think it was in Hydro) :(  

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

When I used to play a lot of online FPS games on PC, "the zone" used to happen all the time. I played on a pretty competitive server with a lot of Cal-O and Cal-I players back in the day...

One round was a 30 man CS game where I SIGed 14 players out of 15 on the opposing team in less than a minute and a half... Talk about a lot of screaming going on from the mic... Hilarious.

Another time was me, slightly drunk, going 32-4 with a Mac-10 ONLY. Again, I had a lot of pissed off players on the opposing team. I also had a few rounds that were pretty similar with the TMP. One of my friends had a ridiculous 35-5 with the Scout only (or something equally as stupid, can't remember his exact score).

Man, I really miss old school CS. That was such a great time in online gaming if you knew where the good servers were. Everybody played that game, unlike today where players are split between dozens of popular FPS games.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Yes. But not so much with video games anymore. When I was good at Tetris it was like being in "The Zone". Now it happens more often when I'm working.

I live in The Zone. The easiest way for me to tap into the power of The Zone is to break out Guitar Hero. I used to play the cello from elementary school through high school, and I think playing music is the best way to get your entire brain working together on one task. GH is a more easily accessible way to get The Zone on demand than getting all set up to play cello.

I can dunk when I'm in the zone.

For me, when I'm playing games, it happens in difficult sections of platformers or in side-scroller shooting games like Ikaruga.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

I logged onto a TF2 server the other night where they were doing a points rating system. After about 3 hours I had started at a 1500 rating and doubled it to ~3000 and was ranked #41 out of like 3,500 people. Set a new personal best of 60 points with one life and in general was owning the crap out of people....

but before that I died like 4 times in a row at the start of the match earning maybe 2 kills in the process and dipping below 1500 also =P

To Each Man, Responsibility

yep. doing my ex.. enough said =D

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453