By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo keeping quiet about future Wii U games to avoid idea copying

Nintendo’s unveiling for Wii U in terms of games was incredibly odd. For the most part, we only know about titles that will be released during the launch window.

That’s very different from how Nintendo approached the Wii and 3DS. With both systems, first-party content was shown that was planned for well-beyond the launch period.

Based on new comments from Satoru Iwata

"First, what we’ve shown at the E3 show are both the launch titles that will be released with Wii U hardware this holiday season and the launch window titles that will be released early next year or not long after the hardware launch. We do have ideas of what kind of software we will be releasing after those two periods, and Mr. Miyamoto as well as I are both directly involved in the development process. Those include both our traditional franchises and of course new propositions as well. However, because we are now in the era when similar proposals can be made by the others just one year after we introduced a brand-new hardware system proposal, please understand that we really can’t say much about what else we are planning."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source

So they are more wii u games O.o crazy if true

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Can they really keep their projects secret in this modern age though? We'll see

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I hope Sony sues them for anti-competitive behavior.

Nintendo's games don't sell through originality, they sell through quality.

No one except them can make a Zelda or Mario game. Other companies don't even try and clone them, even though the formula is very static.

No one except them could have made Wii Sports take off. If someone told Sony in 2004 that sports and fitness games would outsell their next console they wouldn't have been able to adapt.

I feel surprise and secrets are Nintendo's weakest point. There is huge disappointment when an announced sequel does something wacky with the formula (Metroid Other M, Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker).

Can you blame them?
Strictly in the last 2 or 3 years, look at what's been copied.

Ninty announces a Vitality Sensor, Ubisoft bit and unveiled their own corny version.
Ninty says they'll have TV-Controller streaming, and MS comes out with Smartglass. Sony begins championing PS3-PSP cross-platform play. Also, Iwata blurted out he wanted Smash Bros with WiiU-3DS connectivity...and Sony drops Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale?

Gimme a break guys.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Microsoft copied their next-gen Metroid and Nintendo haven't even shown it yet!

Soleron said:
Nintendo's games don't sell through originality, they sell through quality.

No one except them can make a Zelda or Mario game. Other companies don't even try and clone them, even though the formula is very static.

No one except them could have made Wii Sports take off. If someone told Sony in 2004 that sports and fitness games would outsell their next console they wouldn't have been able to adapt.

I feel surprise and secrets are Nintendo's weakest point. There is huge disappointment when an announced sequel does something wacky with the formula (Metroid Other M, Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker).

huh? wii sports had many ripoffs, zelda had many ripoffs, and especially mario games have had plenty of ripoffs.

bobgamez said:
Soleron said:

wii sports had many ripoffs 

Yes, afterwards. It wouldn't have hurt them to say exactly what they were going to do BEFORE launch, as this article argues.

zelda had many ripoffs
mario games

Not more recently than the early 90s.Just being a platformer or sword-wielding is not enough, it has to be trying to copy a Mario game. Name some.

What's there to copy. Another 2D Mario rehash, another remake of OoT, more Pokemon, Mario karts, and Mario parties that haven't bothered to change in over a decade. Once Nintendo stops rehashing the same games over and over again then we'll talk.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Funny thing is people actually believe this PR nonsense from Nintendo smh. I swear their PR reminds me of an Apple commercial.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!