By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo holding back Wii U information? Black Ops 2 a launch title?

Got to agree with badgenome, it was not a big push for core gamers at all, a big push would of been to show they have an online infrastructure that will work, thats its going to be easy to add friends and communicate with them, that these games are gonna launch day and date with the other platforms and at the very least be running in a higher resolution.

Saying us too on multiplat games and not showing how the experience is going to exceed that of what core gamers currently own is not going to convince anyone to splash out $300+ on a new console.

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
Got to agree with badgenome, it was not a big push for core gamers at all, a big push would of been to show they have an online infrastructure that will work, thats its going to be easy to add friends and communicate with them, that these games are gonna launch day and date with the other platforms and at the very least be running in a higher resolution.

Saying us too on multiplat games and not showing how the experience is going to exceed that of what core gamers currently own is not going to convince anyone to splash out $300+ on a new console.

I never even said Nintendo's e3 conference was a big push with core gamers. What i said was that "Nintendo seemed to want to make a big push with core games & 3rd parties with wii U", i wasn't speaking about e3 specifically. The fact is, Nintendo is releasing a pro controller obviously aimed at core gamers. They are making the hardware powerful enough & the controllers more standard (compared to the wii), to have 3rd parties on board. They are making an online infrastructure which we don't yet know much about, but it seems we will have voice and video chat amongst other things. So you can put your head in the sand and say "i don't see Nintendo making ANY push with core gamers". But that's still just you putting your head in the sand, it doesn't mean that your right in any way, shape or form.

spurgeonryan said:
What is the discusssion? These games are coming to the Wii U. There are already two threads about these very games.

The discussion is: WHY is Nintendo not revealing these games if they actually are launch titles? WHY in the hell would they hold back that information? Does it make sense to you?

spurgeonryan said:
Ahh....not really, no. But we know they are coming now, just like we found out that Fire Emblem is definitely coming to the 3DS in America after the show. They seem to want to push Nintendo land into everyones mind, so they spent a lot of time on it.

I think your right, they wanted to promote a few select titles, especially Nintendoland. Still just makes me wonder, if BO2 and Madden are really launch titles, why not mention them in a big e3 presentation? It just seems so strange to me. Was it a weird business decision? Nintendo didn't want to reveal too much?

maverick40 said:
badgenome said:
maxnyc said:

I can appreciate that, the announced launch games look fun & different, which i actually enjoy (i'm  a big pikmin fan too). But Nintendo seemed to want to make a big push with core games & 3rd parties with wii U, so holding back info on black ops 2 or madden is quite strange.

They did? I didn't see any sign of it.

/thread.

That's not the point of this thread so

/thread

Around the Network
maxnyc said:

I never even said Nintendo's e3 conference was a big push with core gamers. What i said was that "Nintendo seemed to want to make a big push with core games & 3rd parties with wii U", i wasn't speaking about e3 specifically. The fact is, Nintendo is releasing a pro controller obviously aimed at core gamers. They are making the hardware powerful enough & the controllers more standard (compared to the wii), to have 3rd parties on board. They are making an online infrastructure which we don't yet know much about, but it seems we will have voice and video chat amongst other things. So you can put your head in the sand and say "i don't see Nintendo making ANY push with core gamers". But that's still just you putting your head in the sand, it doesn't mean that your right in any way, shape or form.

You seem to be engaged in some goalpost moving here. No one said Nintendo isn't making ANY push for core gamers. You did say they were making a "big" push. If they want to make a big push for core gamers, they need to either moneyhat big exclusives left and right or produce first party games that are appealing to core gamers. Simply saying, "Yeah, we're getting some games, whatever, and here's a controller we made for you, and maybe our online won't suck this time, I dunno, we'll see," isn't going to cut it. A big part of the reason Nintendo is on course to find itself left out in the cold once the PS4/Nextbox launch isn't just because of any technological disparity that will make it more work to put those games on their system, but because they don't seem at all interested in courting core gamers who aren't already Nintendo fans. All the games that were smash hits on the Wii were ones that followed Nintendo's own lead, while the ones that tried to bring "mature content" to the Wii failed pretty miserably. If Nintendo wants to change the existing dynamic, they will have to do it themselves.

badgenome said:
maxnyc said:

Didnt see any sign of it when WB games & ubisoft made lengthy presentations at Nintendos e3 conference? Didn't see any signs of it when Nintendo brought out a very core style controller pro? Funny, you don't see too well badgenome, you might want to wear clothes because your Takpenis acids, oh sorry that's just your signature.

No. I don't consider showing a port of a year old game and Zombie Game #1,300,033 to be a "big push" with core games.

Money says if ZombiU had been shown for any other platform, core gamers would be shitting their britches with delight.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

There are several games that weren`t announced but people are expecting and will most likely come to Wii U:
Fifa 13, Madden, BO2, NfS, MoH (?).

So, why weren`t they announced? My guess is one of two: Seing as Nintendo hasn`t announced their online strategy, this games could end up being a demonstration of how their online strategy/play will work; there`s something controller related that deserves more focus.

Either way, revealing this closer to launch might boost up morale for Wii U!

Mr Khan said:

Money says if ZombiU had been shown for any other platform, core gamers would be shitting their britches with delight.

Why? Dead Island already blew everyone's heads off with a much better trailer that was completely divorced from the reality of their zombie game. ZombiU itself seems completely okay and has some interesting ideas, but it's very generic looking and is certainly nothing revolutionary.

badgenome said:
maxnyc said:

You seem to be engaged in some goalpost moving here. No one said Nintendo isn't making ANY push for core gamers. You did say they were making a "big" push. If they want to make a big push for core gamers, they need to either moneyhat big exclusives left and right or produce first party games that are appealing to core gamers. Simply saying, "Yeah, we're getting some games, whatever, and here's a controller we made for you, and maybe our online won't suck this time, I dunno, we'll see," isn't going to cut it. A big part of the reason Nintendo is on course to find itself left out in the cold once the PS4/Nextbox launch isn't just because of any technological disparity that will make it more work to put those games on their system, but because they don't seem at all interested in courting core gamers who aren't already Nintendo fans. All the games that were smash hits on the Wii were ones that followed Nintendo's own lead, while the ones that tried to bring "mature content" to the Wii failed pretty miserably. If Nintendo wants to change the existing dynamic, they will have to do it themselves.

If you actually want to write a real post, then answer my original question posed in this forum. If not, then just go acidpenispants the hell out of here badg-gnome