By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PS3 Are You Impressed Yet?

DieAppleDie said:
ive never said such a thing, also are you expecting Halo and The last of us to be launch titles?, that hilarious
other than that i can see NSMBU outselling both games easily

How's New Super Mario Bros. helping the Wii to fair against 360 and PS3 right now?

Around the Network
EdHieron said:
DieAppleDie said:
^^^
again wishful thinking

To learn what's going to happen in the future, you only need to look at the past, and in the recent past, Sony's demonstrated that they're not interested in pricing themselves out of the game like they did this gen.  The most hyped next gen games will continue be 720 and PS5 exclusives like Halo 5 and The Last of Us 2.  Can you name even one hyped Nintendo game from their latest show?   And Nintendo's not done anything in the last two years to keep most gamers interested in their console, so anyone that's really expecting the Wii U to repeat the Wii's success ( which the Wii hasn't even been able to do in years)  is dabbling in wishful thinking. 

Wii fit u and NSMBU are both sequels to games that have sold over 20 million units and continue to sell now, even if the console's sales have lagged lately, so you can't say they didn't show any 'hyped' games for wii u. I think you could say they showed games YOU personally weren't hyped about, but that's not the same thing.

EdHieron said:
mushroomboy5 said:
Cougarman said:
EdHieron said:
Cougarman said:

Wii U is not at the party, its going to a new party :)

Well, it's certainly going to get smashed when the PS4 and 720 come out with all the most anticipated next gen games as launch titles with 4 times the power and only $100.00 higher launch prices

look i am not saying wii u will smash PS4 and Nextbox because i cant predict the future but 6 or 7 years ago people were saying the same thing about wii and you know how that turned out, the future is not set in stone a new gen is starting and i believe any of the big 3 have a good chance to be the no.1 seller.

I think it's extremely unlikely that the next ps and xbox consoles will be 4 times as powerful(at an affordable price anytime soon) or that they'll launch with 'all the most anticipated next gen games'...when the hell in videogame history has that ever happened?

Well, the PS4 and 720 aren't going to be burdened with having a $150.00 to $200.00 controller in the box like the Wii U is, so they can spend that extra money on superior tech in their consoles especially since they can replicate the main selling points of the Wii U's controller with Smart Glass and Vita.  It happened in the PS2's launch window:  Halo 5, The Last of Us 2, Uncharted 4, Fallout 4, the next Gears and Mass Effect, + Grand Theft Auto 5, and the long awaited release of Final Fantasy Versus XIII all coming out at launch or within the first 6 months to a year of their 2013 release dates exclusively on 720 and PS4 gives them PS2 caliber launch lineups.

besically half gens worth of first party games in the launch window, thats not happenning, and when did GTA5 and FF V XIII jumped to next gen? last time i checked they were coming on the ps3.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

The Wii was my first buy into this current generation. It had everything going for it, crazy game controls, amazing games (Super Smash Brawl, Mario Galaxy, etc.). However, the novelty factor faded throughout the years and although I support Nintendo in all its innovation and creativeness, the Wii has been collecting dust in my room for the past 2 years as it lacks ''horsepower'' and media entertainment... The PS3 however, I bought 6 months after the launch and is the best investment I have made in the console area. I always use it to play my Blu-Rays and games and that is why in my opinion, it is still thriving today. I will be getting the Wii U at launch, that is a definitive; however, I am scared that it is going to collect dust after 3 years, just like my Wii did.

In the end, I love Nintendo because it offers some of the best games I have ever played in my life; however, I also like Sony because they offer more than the 'game aspect'. Nevertheless, I think the Wii U will still be the next-gen winner in terms of sales lol

What do you guys think?

is that a joke?
last week charted 38, 132 weeks after release
its selling better than lots of your beloved franchises that were released way after
and its keeping Wii in its way to outsell Ps1

Around the Network
EdHieron said:
DieAppleDie said:
ive never said such a thing, also are you expecting Halo and The last of us to be launch titles?, that hilarious
other than that i can see NSMBU outselling both games easily

How's New Super Mario Bros. helping the Wii to fair against 360 and PS3 right now?

Well nsmb wii has outsold most games this gen and continues to sell well (isn't it at over 25 million or so) so I'd say it's doing pretty well for nintendo, if not the wii. You do realise it's more about selling games than consoles right?

mushroomboy5 said:
EdHieron said:
DieAppleDie said:
^^^
again wishful thinking

To learn what's going to happen in the future, you only need to look at the past, and in the recent past, Sony's demonstrated that they're not interested in pricing themselves out of the game like they did this gen.  The most hyped next gen games will continue be 720 and PS5 exclusives like Halo 5 and The Last of Us 2.  Can you name even one hyped Nintendo game from their latest show?   And Nintendo's not done anything in the last two years to keep most gamers interested in their console, so anyone that's really expecting the Wii U to repeat the Wii's success ( which the Wii hasn't even been able to do in years)  is dabbling in wishful thinking. 

Wii fit u and NSMBU are both sequels to games that have sold over 20 million units and continue to sell now, even if the console's sales have lagged lately, so you can't say they didn't show any 'hyped' games for wii u. I think you could say they showed games YOU personally weren't hyped about, but that's not the same thing.

They didn't show any games that the gaming press were particularly hyped about to be more precise.  A lot of people said that one of Sony's faults was arrogance last time out.  Apparently, Nintendo's also suffering from arrogance as well because they think they can oversatturate the market with Mario and people will snap up their products no matter what.  They've already got a Mario coming out in August for 3DS and another one on the way in November or thereabouts for Wii U.  Oversaturating the market with similar products leads to a decline in the sales of that product.  Also as for Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus didn't equal the first Wii Fit's succcess and a third one when the customers have to buy a much more expensive console to use it isn't likely to either.  

Ya I'm impressed: both with its current state and with its 180 rebound. I started this generation on the 360 and I'm impressed I'm finishing it on the PS3. Anything could happen next generation. Oh gosh, I could become a Nintendo fan again :0

I'd say the PS3 is the guy at the party flaunting his wealth early on but by the end of the night he turns out to be actually pretty cool.

spurgeonryan said:
^ That game when it was first released helped quits a bit. It has been quite a while since its release though. I can put tape over a ripped drivers license but eventually it will not work anymore. Are you seriously expecting Nsmb to conti he to sell Wiis after all this time?

Er..I think you misunderstood.no I was saying the wii u version will most likely sell well because it's a sequel to a popular game...sorry if that was unclear :(

DieAppleDie said:
is that a joke?
last week charted 38, 132 weeks after release
its selling better than lots of your beloved franchises that were released way after
and its keeping Wii in its way to outsell Ps1

It might outsell PS1, but it's never going to hit PS2 numbers in either sales or number of green games at Metacritic.