By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PS3 Are You Impressed Yet?

Areym said:
BHR-3 said:
i havent been impressed with anything from PS this gen

if you go back to 05-07 and look at all the hype with bluray and the CELL its pretty laughable now. the PS3 has been nothing but a nightmare for most devs the 50gb disk space has not been used to its potential with most all games this gen. lots of exclusive games took to long, have not been seen or released yet like twisted metal, socom, TLG, agent, gt5 and many loss exclusiveness assassins creed, la noir, resident evil, FF, and metal gear

sales wise is nothing to write home about "wait till 299" came and gone with little affect it only outsold 360 for one NPD after it went to 299 and still hasnt passed it WW even though HDD vs HDD skus has been cheaper than 360 since last fall

i'll never be impressed with ps3 most of its exclusives to me compromise gameplay for cinematics and im unsure if its future tiles will change that for me TLOU and beyond, and gt5 car list is just unacceptable

what would impress me for the future PS console would be if it can have up to par multi plats or surpass compared to the other consoles, have more mature themed games, a FPS and TPS that is comparable to gears and halo content and feature wise, and for GT to have a more broader car list from the western manufactures

and imo if the ps3 ever passes the 360 it shouldnt mean nothing celebrations should be kept at a minimal since it took so long, yrs from now when we look back at this gen most will accept that the 360 was like the ps2 for 7th gen with all that it accomplished, what it offered and how much of a household name it became during that time

None, NONE of the consoles of this gen compare to the epicness that was the PS2, maybe the SNES and that's waaaaay back. 360 did outstanding and arguably better than the PS3 but no way as good as the PS2. To summarize, Kinect.

Let me help you get off that high horse.

corect b/c times and industry are diffrent but out of the 3 we have this gen i feel the 360 is the closest to it in terms of overall best console of the gen

Play Me

Around the Network
DieAppleDie said:
"Well, it's certainly going to get smashed when the PS4 and 720 come out with all the most anticipated next gen games as launch titles with 4 times the power and only $100.00 higher launch prices."

thats wishful thinking at best
4 times the power? XD

4 to 8.  They will be as power in comparison to the Wii U as the Vita is to the 3DS, and much as Sony had the Vita launched at only $50.00 more than the 3DS, it can be expected that neither PS4 or 720 will cost all that much more than Wii U.  Plus the launch lineups for 720 and PS4 will be comparable to the launch lineup for the PS2 as far as the amount of core games that will be available for them in their launch windows meanwhile Nintendo's going to keep putting out casual games that the casuals won't want to buy like sequels to Wii Fit, Wii Sports, and Wii Music, core games that their casual audience won't buy eg. Pikmin 3, and ports of current gen games that didn't make it on to Wii.

BHR-3 said:
Areym said:
BHR-3 said:
i havent been impressed with anything from PS this gen

if you go back to 05-07 and look at all the hype with bluray and the CELL its pretty laughable now. the PS3 has been nothing but a nightmare for most devs the 50gb disk space has not been used to its potential with most all games this gen. lots of exclusive games took to long, have not been seen or released yet like twisted metal, socom, TLG, agent, gt5 and many loss exclusiveness assassins creed, la noir, resident evil, FF, and metal gear

sales wise is nothing to write home about "wait till 299" came and gone with little affect it only outsold 360 for one NPD after it went to 299 and still hasnt passed it WW even though HDD vs HDD skus has been cheaper than 360 since last fall

i'll never be impressed with ps3 most of its exclusives to me compromise gameplay for cinematics and im unsure if its future tiles will change that for me TLOU and beyond, and gt5 car list is just unacceptable

what would impress me for the future PS console would be if it can have up to par multi plats or surpass compared to the other consoles, have more mature themed games, a FPS and TPS that is comparable to gears and halo content and feature wise, and for GT to have a more broader car list from the western manufactures

and imo if the ps3 ever passes the 360 it shouldnt mean nothing celebrations should be kept at a minimal since it took so long, yrs from now when we look back at this gen most will accept that the 360 was like the ps2 for 7th gen with all that it accomplished, what it offered and how much of a household name it became during that time

None, NONE of the consoles of this gen compare to the epicness that was the PS2, maybe the SNES and that's waaaaay back. 360 did outstanding and arguably better than the PS3 but no way as good as the PS2. To summarize, Kinect.

Let me help you get off that high horse.

corect b/c times and industry are diffrent but out of the 3 we have this gen i feel the 360 is the closest to it in terms of overall best console of the gen

I will respect your opinion as strongly as I disagree with it. Good day, gentleman.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

^^^
again wishful thinking

We are always so focused on start and stop times, product total sell through... etc.
The PS3 sold the most this last week and the week before it (and virtually every week this year)

That means that Sony is in the lead in the video games market.

The company that is "winning" right now, is simply the winner.
Why is the beginning of this generation (where the wii built up its lead for nintendo) any different than the PS2 era for Sony.

The past is the past.
Right now is all that matters.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network
Cougarman said:
EdHieron said:
Cougarman said:

Wii U is not at the party, its going to a new party :)

Well, it's certainly going to get smashed when the PS4 and 720 come out with all the most anticipated next gen games as launch titles with 4 times the power and only $100.00 higher launch prices

look i am not saying wii u will smash PS4 and Nextbox because i cant predict the future but 6 or 7 years ago people were saying the same thing about wii and you know how that turned out, the future is not set in stone a new gen is starting and i believe any of the big 3 have a good chance to be the no.1 seller.

I think it's extremely unlikely that the next ps and xbox consoles will be 4 times as powerful(at an affordable price anytime soon) or that they'll launch with 'all the most anticipated next gen games'...when the hell in videogame history has that ever happened?

DieAppleDie said:
^^^
again wishful thinking

To learn what's going to happen in the future, you only need to look at the past, and in the recent past, Sony's demonstrated that they're not interested in pricing themselves out of the game like they did this gen.  The most hyped next gen games will continue be 720 and PS5 exclusives like Halo 5 and The Last of Us 2.  Can you name even one hyped Nintendo game from their latest show?   And Nintendo's not done anything in the last two years to keep most gamers interested in their console, so anyone that's really expecting the Wii U to repeat the Wii's success ( which the Wii hasn't even been able to do in years)  is dabbling in wishful thinking. 

ive never said such a thing, also are you expecting Halo and The last of us to be launch titles?, that hilarious
other than that i can see NSMBU outselling both games easily

mushroomboy5 said:
Cougarman said:
EdHieron said:
Cougarman said:

Well, it's certainly going to get smashed when the PS4 and 720 come out with all the most anticipated next gen games as launch titles with 4 times the power and only $100.00 higher launch prices

look i am not saying wii u will smash PS4 and Nextbox because i cant predict the future but 6 or 7 years ago people were saying the same thing about wii and you know how that turned out, the future is not set in stone a new gen is starting and i believe any of the big 3 have a good chance to be the no.1 seller.

I think it's extremely unlikely that the next ps and xbox consoles will be 4 times as powerful(at an affordable price anytime soon) or that they'll launch with 'all the most anticipated next gen games'...when the hell in videogame history has that ever happened?

Well, the PS4 and 720 aren't going to be burdened with having a $150.00 to $200.00 controller in the box like the Wii U is, so they can spend that extra money on superior tech in their consoles especially since they can replicate the main selling points of the Wii U's controller with Smart Glass and Vita.  It happened in the PS2's launch window:  Halo 5, The Last of Us 2, Uncharted 4, Fallout 4, the next Gears and Mass Effect, + Grand Theft Auto 5, and the long awaited release of Final Fantasy Versus XIII all coming out at launch or within the first 6 months to a year of their 2013 release dates exclusively on 720 and PS4 gives them PS2 caliber launch lineups.

mushroomboy5 said:
Cougarman said:
EdHieron said:
Cougarman said:

i was not agreeing with EdHieron, but its almost a given that nextbox and PS4 will be more powerful than Wii U, wont be 4 times more powerful though if the price diffirence is only $100

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434