By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft : Wii U CPU on par with PS360, GPU only 1.5x Powerful?

Hopefully not.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
o_O.Q said:
Bossman112 said:
They also said Wii U supports only 1 Gamepad not the most trustworthy devs as of now

nintendo also said so in the past...

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/18/nintendo-says-one-wii-u-controller-per-console-robs-player-two/

at first they were obviously unsure of if they wanted to restrict it to one or not

Did they definitely confirm they would be able to support to pads?  Last I read, they were still just toying around with the idea.

the E3 conference confirmed 2 touch screen pad support.

dahuman said:
thismeintiel said:
o_O.Q said:
Bossman112 said:
They also said Wii U supports only 1 Gamepad not the most trustworthy devs as of now

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/18/nintendo-says-one-wii-u-controller-per-console-robs-player-two/

at first they were obviously unsure of if they wanted to restrict it to one or not

Did they definitely confirm they would be able to support to pads?  Last I read, they were still just toying around with the idea.

I know I heard that 2 pads are supposed to drop the framerate to 30FPS.  I didn't know if that was a reason for possibly not supporting 2 pads, though.  Thanks for the info.

dahuman said:
thismeintiel said:
o_O.Q said:
Bossman112 said:

yes it did but not for launch games. My guess is nintendo wants to optimise the sfotware before that happens.

The last frontier of speculation on Wii U specs, so we're going to see more like this unfortunately.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Honestly i havent seen anything from the Wii U line up that leads me to believe that it is much more powerful than PS360

oniyide said:
Honestly i havent seen anything from the Wii U line up that leads me to believe that it is much more powerful than PS360

The hardware is still new, it will take some time for developers to push the system (if it really is more powerful than PS3 and 360) I expect to see the "real" graphics for the console in about 1 or 2 years. Also take a lot at this

That's Call of Duty 2 for the 360 at lauch. Compere that game with Halo 4, its like a completely different system. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

So if the Wii U is only one and a half times as powerful as the most powerful system out there, that wouldn't be good?

Will I have to hear that that the Wii U is one and a half PS3s taped together?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

osed125 said:
oniyide said:

The hardware is still new, it will take some time for developers to push the system (if it really is more powerful than PS3 and 360) I expect to see the "real" graphics for the console in about 1 or 2 years. Also take a lot at this

That's Call of Duty 2 for the 360 at lauch. Compere that game with Halo 4, its like a completely different system. 

funny, thats not what people were saying all year! "just wait till e3, you'll see" now its "wait one or two years?" naw, im not waiting, someone will call me when something really cool is shown. 

oniyide said:

funny, thats not what people were saying all year! "just wait till e3, you'll see" now its "wait one or two years?" naw, im not waiting, someone will call me when something really cool is shown. 

I personally never said that, but I see where you're coming from, most fans will deny some of the most obvious facts. Also the only game I was expecting to look better than current gen games was Pikmin 3 but alas it doesn't, it looks good but there are better looking games right now

Nintendo and PC gamer