By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft : Wii U CPU on par with PS360, GPU only 1.5x Powerful?

@Happydolphin

I can agree with the first paragraph, but for the rest...
Really? Red Steel?? Why do people bring that game up like it was something good, that game looked WORST than alot of the last year games the xbox, hell id say even PS2. So thats a pretty poor example. Xenoblade looks good but not any better than the top looking Xbox games or even GC, and thats my point, Xenoblade was released a some months ago and its not looking better than games on consoles that are not even on the market anymore. I dont know what PS3 games you were playing but i dont think TP looks better than anything on PS3 unless your talking about those games that were clearly ports of PS2 games and even then i would say its a stretch.

Around the Network

What I've recently read that's more disturbing is that many of the initial Wii U games will be running at 1280x720 @ 30 fps.

I don't know if that just indicates non-optimized 3rd party titles or a lack of substantial improvement over 7th gen hardware from almost 7 years ago.

We'll see.

Andrespetmonkey said:
mike_intellivision said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
The scroll isn't part of the footage their showing, it's "on top" if you know what I mean. Not sure how to describe it, it's like putting a watermark on something, the quality of the video isn't the same as the watermark. As someone who has played Assassins Creed games on PS3, it looks absolutely nothing like that shot. That shot looks almost SD

Actually, if this is to believed, the WiiU is "off screen" while the PS3 is a "direct feed."  If I understand that correctly, it would seem the WiiU is much better -- unless of course "direct feed" means off the "computer feed" in which case all bets are off.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=178951

You can just tell visually that those screens aren't representative. They look SD.

I could say that with that screen resolution they are HD.

I can of both are SD that one looks better than the other to me.

But without all the facts, there will still be points of contention and disagreement.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

its proven that WiiU ports look slightly better than the originals,i couldnt care less, but that means WiiU 1st gen=Ps360 last gen, and thats promising looking into the future of the WiiU visual capabilitites