By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

hatmoza said:

Catching up is pretty tedious, and you are pretty vulnerable to repeat what people already said  when you are behind. And I hate parrots more than the next guy but it's usually when a player is involved in discussions and then parrots that I become suspicious of them. You accuse Trucks of parroting me for instance. Did you read my last handful of posts? While I was catching up I unintentionally parroted both Kantor and F-F. The one thing that irks me though is that Trucks confesses he's finally caught up in the very same post he echoes previous thoughts. That's definitely active lurking.

Another thing. You argue his posts are non-content. Again, I attribute that to catching up, but that's no excuse for a player with Truck's caliber. I also associate that kind of play with someone who has no interest with flavor. And ironically enough, trucks has a history of showing no interest in games with flavor he doesn't understand. If I had the time to spend countless hours digging through old games I can find at least two examples of flavored games Trucks confessed not playing his best  in because of the foreign themes. Again, that's not an excuse I'm going to stand by because I personally am forcing myself to play through this game by avoiding flavor as much as possible, the way it should be anyway. While I'm sure fans of GoT are having a blast, it's virtually impossible for us illiterate GoT people to follow on both the flavor and progression of this game simultaneously, and by the time we are caught up with the game aspect of mafia, we simply feel like strangers compared to those who have the flavor down. What I'm trying to say is, it can be overwhelming and un-motivational. I'm sure there are at least a couple other inactive people who mentioned they know nothing about the flavor... Maybe truck's non interference with the 'argument' was because he didn't have the background to validate what arguments he had, especially since the 'argument' was kinda flavored biased. Did you think about that? There were also several others who didn't interfere in the 'argument. Why do you only apply the arguments where they are most suited against Trucks?

What I think, you are using a large range of accusations that can individually fit the bill for any given player -manipulated them to fit your argument because you have a hunch and/or gut instinct that is convincing you that trucks is scum. You threw everything but the kitchen sink in you argument to fit your agenda and crusade against trucks, and that's not convincing. That's what I think. This 'hunch' of yours is just as reliable as you saying me, HappyD, F-F are town.

I wipe my ass with your conclusion.

That said, I have no reason to believe Trucks is town. I am just not convinced to vote him.

And his suspects? Why did you not address that?

Why did you not address him being opportunistic?

Why did you not address how he pops in to creates arguments with the people who are most likely to be misinterpretation, and then bounces?

He was on the entire time of the argument Hat. Not everyone else was. Everyone who was online was talking except Trucks. Not everything had to be said about houses. Some tried to de-escalate the argument. Some tried saying "this makes sense logically" or "this doesn't make sense". Others came in and said they specifically didn't know the flavor or their own character, yet still talked. He was the only one online and not posting (that I specifically noticed)

You happy and FF are not hunches. I know your character and role, I know FF's cahracter and role, and I know HD's role, and possibly character. Because I read very well.

You don't want to give my opinion on trucks credit? Fine. Go after happyD, then. The coached scum who foibled his way into the gallows. Yeah, that's the ticket. Mafia are just dumb.

Around the Network

Oh and by the way, when you read my QT later. I knew your character and role at your very first post of the game.

theprof00 said:

Why did you not address how he pops in to creates arguments with the people who are most likely to be misinterpretation, and then bounces?

He was on the entire time of the argument Hat. Not everyone else was. Everyone who was online was talking except Trucks. Not everything had to be said about houses. Some tried to de-escalate the argument. Some tried saying "this makes sense logically" or "this doesn't make sense". Others came in and said they specifically didn't know the flavor or their own character, yet still talked. He was the only one online and not posting (that I specifically noticed)

You happy and FF are not hunches. I know your character and role, I know FF's cahracter and role, and I know HD's role, and possibly character. Because I read very well.

You don't want to give my opinion on trucks credit? Fine. Go after happyD, then. The coached scum who foibled his way into the gallows. Yeah, that's the ticket. Mafia are just dumb.

Prof, it's very easy to claim you know everybody's character and role, even if you know nothing of the sort.

If you are unwilling to tell us Hatmoza, FF and HappyD's characters (roles shouldn't be shared yet), then at least explain to us how you see them so clearly.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
theprof00 said:

<reduced>

Prof, it's very easy to claim you know everybody's character and role, even if you know nothing of the sort.

If you are unwilling to tell us Hatmoza, FF and HappyD's characters (roles shouldn't be shared yet), then at least explain to us how you see them so clearly.

As much as I agree with your request (in bold), it's important to see that hatmoza dodged the most important points of prof's post (above).

This is the kind of thing we need to catch and learn to catch. What hatmoza, ff and rol do is usually focus on what is not important. What prof brought up is important, try not to follow in their footsteps.

happydolphin said:
Kantor said:
theprof00 said:

As much as I agree with your request (in bold), it's important to see that hatmoza dodged the most important points of prof's post (above).

This is the kind of thing we need to catch and learn to catch. What hatmoza, ff and rol do is usually focus on what is not important. What prof brought up is important, try not to follow in their footsteps.

Prof may have a point with trucks, but it seems to me that it's laziness and lack of interest more than anything else. I don't think he's a very good townie, but everything prof stated can be a symptom of laziness, so although hatmoza didn't address the other stuff directly, his general point still kind of stands. I do think, however, that he is being a little bit naive.

Since you're here, do you believe prof's claim that he knows your character and role? Do you feel you've done or said anything to give it away?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:

Prof may have a point with trucks, but it seems to me that it's laziness and lack of interest more than anything else. I don't think he's a very good townie, but everything prof stated can be a symptom of laziness, so although hatmoza didn't address the other stuff directly, his general point still kind of stands. I do think, however, that he is being a little bit naive.

Since you're here, do you believe prof's claim that he knows your character and role? Do you feel you've done or said anything to give it away?

About hatmoza, I believe his lack of focus on the essentials shows he is not being active town, and the behavior is not pro-town. But that's hatz. I just need other people I can count on (maybe you) since I'm in the dark.

About prof, I believe he is bluffing with the certified knowledge of roleclaims. He can't use his ability so soon as far as I know (usually can't be used during the day), let alone so often (3 times). I believe he's referring to his ability to deduce, and his name cop claim was either a bluff, or something true but that he can't use yet, in that it's not a lie, but it's trying to mislead someone. Who? I'm not sure.

I also believe he is either town, cult leader or SK. He is alone atm, much like you and I. I say "you" from what I understand of course. (clarification was needed for ppl who think I'm making absolute claims and can't read between the lines)

HappyD: would you mind answering the part if you feel like you in any way might have hinted your character and/or role? I'm just curious to see if prof is that Good.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

theprof00 said:

So about 16 posts.

Said the entire day was about houses which he cared not to talk about.  Admitted to active lurking. Only became opportunistic when people got into defendable mistakes, NEVER followed through (don't want to be attached to a mislynch, right?).Hasn't promoted discussion, just disagreements. Half of his posts are casual jokes and comments. His top three suspects are not even on anyone's radar. Hasn't questioned his suspects (until his suspect questioned him). Has only 2 pieces of worthless evidence yet they're his top suspects..

That's it that's all.

Not much else I can say if you don't see it here and now.

I know next to nothing about Game of Thrones, I can't analyze flavor like you do.

HappyD has a tendency to post as if his theories are already proven, that's what I addressed.

How is the fact that my suspect are not on anyone's radar a bad thing? I know you would love for everyone to bend to your will and follow you like sheep but not everybody thinks like you so people will have different opinion and thus different suspects.

I haven't questioned my suspects precisely because my suspicious are based on what you call worthless pieces of evidence. I don't have any strong suspect right now, just hunches and after the last game where I totally misread Baalz on Day One, I don't have that much faith in my hunches.

Now, since you've played with me for so long, I'll ask you this: What do you think is my strong suit in Mafia?

Signature goes here!

RolStoppable said:
TruckOSaurus said:

(...)

Same question I asked wonk: What's your opinion on a policy lynch of happyD?

I don't think it's necessary. He does show some of the same traits as during Round 40 but he has seriously toned it down. I don't think he's a lost cause yet and I'd like for him to have a chance to get better.

Signature goes here!

I doubt prof was able to pinpoint my character, let alone my role, except by a lucky guess from among the multiple major characters I would say have "funny spelled names".

But on another subject, I am reconsidering my Happy vote. On the one hand, I am not sure that as mafia he would be quite this disgusting in his buddying. On the other hand, if he's going to spend the rest of the game latching on to people at random then that is dangerous as well. (Maybe not literally at random, but his reasoning for defending prof was so bad IMO it amounts to almost the same thing.)

Letting new players mature is a noble goal but I don't know if his learning curve is such that I can support it. So I am reconsidering my vote, but not, as of now, removing it.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!