By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

I also don't like how eagerly prof has been lapping up Happy's support. I mean, with how awful Happy's logic is right now, I don't think I'd be nearly as glad to have him on my side.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:

From what I've glanced at though, it seems to me that the GoT world is pretty much grey-and-grey morality, so Linkz could easily arbitrarily designate one house "good guys" because they are from their perspective.  Or it could be totally random.  Or anything.  Stop putting words in my mouth like "house affiliation is super important information" because I am not saying that.  But for all I know, it could be, so I don't want you fucking convinving everyone in town to out themselves.  I'm sorry, Mr. President.  I don't dance. 

These are my thoughts as well. Like I said earlier, the GoT universe is full of folks who aren't exactly purely "good" or "evil". From what I've been reading on the Wiki's, there's a lot of grey area. For example, my character isn't a bright shining example of human goodness, but I'm still town nonetheless (although looking at my character, his motivations for what he does are sound, so I can't really disagree with his positions). We're in a world that's consumed by greed and war, so imo we shouldn't go too far down this path (not saying there's nothing to gain from seeking people's characters, but it's not so black/white like last round).

I thought that Mafia games were exempt from the anti-flaming rules imposed on the rest of the forum?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

pezus said:
Kantor said:
[boring mod mode] Please don't flame each other. The last thing I want to have to do is ban one of you. This has been a friendly reminder [ /boring mode mode]

boo! I want to see blood, sweat and tears

Winter is coming.

I haven't done much research into GoT (I only looked up the backstory, and now the wiki page for my own character), but you're probably right about there being a lot of grey area. My character seems to be pretty much 100% good imo, so I'll have to do further research before I come to a conclusion

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
I also don't like how eagerly prof has been lapping up Happy's support. I mean, with how awful Happy's logic is right now, I don't think I'd be nearly as glad to have him on my side.

I agree. His acceptance of Happy's agreement, his pushing of this houseclaim business despite the fact that not even happydolphin supports it, and his reluctance to share his great suspicion mean:

HoS Prof.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

radishhead said:
I thought that Mafia games were exempt from the anti-flaming rules imposed on the rest of the forum?

I'll be more lenient than usual, and nobody has really come close to the line yet, but you're not completely immune whilst in this thread.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

happydolphin said:
theprof00 said:
Just be clear and concise dancer.
How does it hurt town?
Ive heard your arguments but just give me a reason.
Surley if you say character might equal alignment then ill back off.
so far all youve done is give me everything BUT that.
Youve not initiated any discussion, you pushed me to talk here, and you pushed me to share my suspects.
Not long ago i said you were my number one for dancing arouns, and now here you are making houseclaims such a big deal with very little reasoning as to why, ignoring my leniency on players who have voiced why they think its dangerous, and are now using this manufactured threat as a reason for a vote.

Not only that, but he's saying that you're pushing people to houseclaim which you never did.

HappyD, I have to say I don't really like this post, we have two people arguing and this post seems like you want the argument to escalate...

I was looking forward to incredibly graphic death threats, though

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Okay, so as far as suspicion goes so far I'd have to say the following make the list:

SpurgeonRyan (Voted for him )
Pezus
HappyDolphin
TheProf00

Kinda suspicious of RadishHead as well.

Don't mind me though, just trying to put my thoughts in writing.