By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

While we're at it, could you GoT-literate guys tell the rest of us which house actually corresponds to radish's coat of arms?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Kantor, failing to read back i giess ill write it again.
setting house claims now prevents scum fakeclaim maneuverability.
i have written this about 4 times.

DS sorry 5050 it is.

Dolphin
i think perhaps you are unfamiliar with terms
character is their in book orin game tole and alignment.
character means joffrey is a dick in the show.
Role is in game ability
alignment is ingame team
Character does not equal role
Role equals alignment SOMETIMES
But since character does not equal role then it doesnt give anything away.

^Thanks prof, though I understand all that, I just think you're misleading us. Simple reason is, though character =/= role, character == house, and only certain roles are distributed to certain houses. This can help mafia factions discover each other. (see my post above as to why)

So I don't disagree with anything you've said this far, and I understand everything you're saying, I just think it's misleading town.

Final-Fan said:
While we're at it, could you GoT-literate guys tell the rest of us which house actually corresponds to radish's coat of arms?

Since any determined scum will have figured it out already: that is the shield of House Tarth (it's in the image title), and House Tarth only has one character who is even mentioned by name at this point in the TV series, and only one character with a speaking role in the entire book series so far.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

EBWOP: "Roles are distributed to certain houses" this sentence is based on what I consider the most likely scenario, not foreknowledge of any kind.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Final-Fan said:

Since any determined scum will have figured it out already: that is the shield of House Tarth (it's in the image title), and House Tarth only has one character who is even mentioned by name at this point in the TV series, and only one character with a speaking role in the entire book series so far.

So now, assuming Radish is town and Linkz set up alignments by house, all we would need is for another few players to reveal their characters (by which we deduce house), and mafia team B has identified mafia team A.

This is how I understand it.

Guys, I'm totally against it.

theprof00 said:
Kantor, failing to read back i giess ill write it again.
setting house claims now prevents scum fakeclaim maneuverability.
i have written this about 4 times.

DS sorry 5050 it is.

Dolphin
i think perhaps you are unfamiliar with terms
character is their in book orin game tole and alignment.
character means joffrey is a dick in the show.
Role is in game ability
alignment is ingame team
Character does not equal role
Role equals alignment SOMETIMES
But since character does not equal role then it doesnt give anything away.

I suppose that's somewhat reasonable, but it's still overly similar to nameclaiming for this point in the game.

Perhaps in a couple of days, but for now, I'm still opposed.

Character can strongly suggest role, by the way. For example, if this were Simpsons mafia, I doubt there would be any question as to Dr Hibbert or Chief Wiggum's roles.

happydolphin said:
Kantor said:
Final-Fan said:

So now, assuming Radish is town and Linkz set up alignments by house, all we would need is for another few players to reveal their characters (by which we deduce house), and mafia team B has identified mafia team A.

This is how I understand it.

Guys, I'm totally against it.

You seem rather certain that there are multiple mafia teams.

Every game I've played (4, I believe) only has one, though admittedly it's been quite some time since my last.

Better safe than sorry, I suppose.

@happy
also, there are 9 houses and the main house is only 4 characters. There are only 3 or 4 characters from each house. Town and mafia would have to be made up of different houses.
also, because character doesnt equal role except for perhaps one or two which negares mafias ability to reliably pick out roles, then house doesnt equal role.

The whole point of this is that i believe that character may equal alignment, and if so it means that mafia will need to fakeclaim. The longer they have to figure out whos taken and who os what, the better the reliability for them to come up with a successful fakeclaim.
Its like last round when mario was forced to claim raiden. There were two characters from one franchise. Instanly tipping off the town that one of them had to be lying.
Had nen claimed firat mario mightve picked a different franchise.
Ie the longer the game goes befote a player rests on some kind of claim the more opportunity for them to maneuver around believable claims

I'll share this theory with you guys: considering the theme of this game I'm quite sure we might have More than one mafia fraction and possibly one or two 3rd party...

Radish - if he indeed is Brienne - could be 3rd party: she (the character) is repeatingly telling jaime that she doesn't serve the starks, but lady catelyn. I'm not saying that radish is 3rd, it's just a thought to ponder upon.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.