By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

No radish, yoirs is one of the only tiny houses.

Around the Network
radishhead said:
Are the houses really small? I said my sex and my house and someone immediately knew my character :S If there's a lot of small houses, then it could make naming houses a bit redundant.

You were unlucky to choose a house with only one character.

The Starks have several, as do the Lannisters.

It's not so much that other houses are small, just that the series (at this early stage) is mostly about House Stark and House Lannister.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
radishhead said:
Are the houses really small? I said my sex and my house and someone immediately knew my character :S If there's a lot of small houses, then it could make naming houses a bit redundant.

You were unlucky to choose a house with only one character.

The Starks have several, as do the Lannisters.

It's not so much that other houses are small, just that the series (at this early stage) is mostly about House Stark and House Lannister.

EBWOP: "Have been given a house" rather than "choose a house". I mean you chose to reveal that house.

Houseclaims
Radish- for
DanneSandin- for
Mario- for
Stefl- 50/50

Smeags- undefined, against
FF- undefined, against
Hat- Wary of prof
kantor- against? Seemed to be.
Rol- against, characters and role
Trucks- undefined, against

theprof00 said:
Houseclaims
Radish- for
DanneSandin- for
Mario- for
Stefl- 50/50

FF- undefined, against
Hat- Wary of prof

Against. If there's a scum who is knowledgeable about the source material, he'll be able to identify your character.

On top of that, I don't see what the specific benefit of this is. Why did you propose it?

Around the Network
Kantor said:
theprof00 said:
Houseclaims
Radish- for
DanneSandin- for
Mario- for
Stefl- 50/50

FF- undefined, against
Hat- Wary of prof

Against. If there's a scum who is knowledgeable about the source material, he'll be able to identify your character.

On top of that, I don't see what the specific benefit of this is. Why did you propose it?

Pretty sure I've explained it several times. Character doesn't equal role. House won't equal alignment (theoretically). How does your argument hold water?

theprof00 said:
Kantor said:
theprof00 said:
Houseclaims
Radish- for
DanneSandin- for
Mario- for
Stefl- 50/50

FF- undefined, against
Hat- Wary of prof

Pretty sure I've explained it several times. Character doesn't equal role. House won't equal alignment (theoretically). How does your argument hold water?

You're failing to answer the second part of my question so, again, why do you want people to houseclaim?

The strongest argument against it is that you're pushing for it with no justification.

Whoah prof! Now you're putting words into my mouth?! I never said I was for the revealing of houses! I Said that as far as I know that character/house does not equel obvious role!

Put me in the 50/50 catagory!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

theprof00 said:
Kantor said:

This is misleading. Yes, character doesn't equal role, but character equals house.

Also, Role == alignment, because in most cases roles are tied to alignment.

For example, you can't have a Cop aligned mafia, it's not possible. Hence, certain roles will be distributed by the mod to a certain alignment.

If mod chooses that a house is a specific alignment (which is more than likely), then yes role would determine house.

For instance, if Cop is in house A, then nurse is also in house A, and Godfather would be in house B.

Going back to mafia game 40, Radish was Doc, and was also jigglypuff. Since he was doc and was pokemon, it was safe to assume that if mafia was non pokemon, all other townie roles would be from pokemon-claimed individuals. Scum faction B could use this to determine which faction is scum faction A. Does this make sense?

theprof00 said:
Final-Fan said:

I DON'T KNOW.  That's the problem.  If they do mean something, which they may or may not, then all this house-revealing is likely to backfire on the town. 

And again, if characters DON'T have any relevance to roles, mafia might well not even need to fakeclaim at all.  Your plan could potentially help town, sure.  It could also potentially be dangerous, or potentially be a complete waste of time.  I do not want to indulge your proposal, given the potential risk. 

And if characters have relevance to alignment?

OK, it could potentially be dangerous. Sure. Now how about why you haven't answered me about sex. Surely by your own idea, that is also dangerous? Then why didn't you say anything?

And in your first post you drop a character hint. Yet that somehow is less dangerous than house? You even refuted me impying that you DID in fact drop a character hint, and that your funny spelled name wasn't just a joke.

If that's your final-answer. Then fine. I'll keep asking others.

1.  Sorry, I intended that to be included in "relevance to roles" but I can see why that mightn't have been obvious.  That is part of the potential value. 

2.  Not that dangerous, but less likely to be useful as well ... I consider gender claims to be extremely likely to be a waste of time, which I why I called it "silly".  Did you miss that post?  Combine my confidence that it is worthless with my underlying annoyance with this tactic in general, and you have your explanation for why I also decline to tell you M/F. 

3.  As for my "character hint", what I said was true, but not intended to seriously help anyone guess at my character.  It was meant as "early Day 1 joking around".  (Not "taunting".) 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!