By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

TruckOSaurus said:
happydolphin said:

Trucks, I'm unfamiliar with GoT myself, but would it be possible that one house is scum faction 1, and another house is scum faction 2, and another is town?

I frankly don't know but I doubt it's a simple as say Harry Potter where you know Slitherin are the bad guys and Griffindor are the good guys.

Right. If the characters have any relevance to the roles, there's probably one, or maybe two houses whose members all share the same alignment.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
happydolphin said:
TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:
Can people give their thoughts on houseclaims?
Here is a post of mine for reference: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4624782

Like I said before, I don't know anything about Game of Thrones so the part that worries me about houseclaims is that there must be a main House or a house where the main characters are from and others houses that are less important in the show. I'm afraid that Mafia will want to target people from the main house as they would be more likely to have important roles.

Trucks, I'm unfamiliar with GoT myself, but would it be possible that one house is scum faction 1, and another house is scum faction 2, and another is town?

I frankly don't know but I doubt it's a simple as say Harry Potter where you know Slitherin are the bad guys and Griffindor are the good guys.

Trucks you are right, though there are some houses out there that only could be considered good or bad (Good: Stark; Bad: Lannister, Targaryen), the problem is leaving out the Starks there aren't any houses that could be considered "only" good... and even inside the Starks are quarrels... actually its more about... house vs. house vs. house than good/bad... actually Joffrey Baratheon is the only person I would consider really evil so far...

Korppi said:
TruckOSaurus said:
happydolphin said:

Right. If the characters have any relevance to the roles, there's probably one, or maybe two houses whose members all share the same alignment.

If that does turn out to be the case, wouldn't it be a good idea for us to share our houses, since it would pressure mafia into claiming a house that isn't there own, and lead into a confusing sequence of fake claims for them which we could eventally catch them in

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
Korppi said:

Not much, really. Spurge's antics early in the game were strange, but that's nothing out of the ordinary. I spend half my time on this website trying to get my head around the thought process of that man. Kantor and prof don't look particularly scummy either yet. I know, what a big help am I, but I'm reading previous Mafia threads right now so that I might better be able to distinguish some people's "town behavior" from their "scum behavior".

If I was forced to vote for someone to be lynched, it'd be Baalzamon, only because he has posted so little. (pot calling the kettle black, but he's a much more seasoned Mafia player than myself, and seemed prominent enough in the last round, at least) But right now:

Vote: No Lynch

Is there anything about Kantor or Prof that makes them not particularly scummy (ie. you're getting a town vibe), or are you just saying that they are not showing town or mafia characteristics to you?

Also, would you be willing to go forward with a lynch of a person that you have no idea whether they're town or mafia, just because they haven't posted much?

I haven't seen anything yet that might make them appear 'scummy' to me.

And no. I didn't even point a FoS at Baalzamon, and I'm in no particular hurry to start dropping heads here, much less those that probably belong to townies. I haven't posted that much myself, so it'd be terribly hypocritical now, wouldn't it?

@radish. NO! THat would tell mafia faction 1 who mafia faction 2 is, and that's not good at all.

Around the Network

Hmm a nice theory trucka but untrue.
Also it is more like harrypot that good guys are from many differrnt houses. Like you wouldnt say hermione has an average role for not being in griffindore. Another example would be that the show follows different arcs and there are main characters from each house. Each house has its own main character and "good guy"..
Tyrian arguably the favorite character of the series is technically a bad guy but he is definitely a hero..
Not to mention that house stark, the typified good guys have many weak characters as compared to other "good" houses.

o/Tyriano/

*hugs theProf00*

damn.. it killed the arms...

Stefl1504 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
happydolphin said:
TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:
Can people give their thoughts on houseclaims?
Here is a post of mine for reference: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4624782

Like I said before, I don't know anything about Game of Thrones so the part that worries me about houseclaims is that there must be a main House or a house where the main characters are from and others houses that are less important in the show. I'm afraid that Mafia will want to target people from the main house as they would be more likely to have important roles.

Trucks you are right, though there are some houses out there that only could be considered good or bad (Good: Stark; Bad: Lannister, Targaryen), the problem is leaving out the Starks there aren't any houses that could be considered "only" good... and even inside the Starks are quarrels... actually its more about... house vs. house vs. house than good/bad... actually Joffrey Baratheon is the only person I would consider really evil so far...

The Targaryens aren't necessarily evil. Daenerys doesn't have any allies at all in Westeros, so she would be third party if she's even in the game.

And if you think Joffrey is messed up, wait till you read about/watch Ramsay Bolton :/

(But since Linkz hasn't read the books, Ramsay probably isn't in this).

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Are the houses really small? I said my sex and my house and someone immediately knew my character :S If there's a lot of small houses, then it could make naming houses a bit redundant.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~