By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

Baalzamon said:
Radish, have you been using a computer the entire time, or are you on other devices (this is an honest question btw)

I'm assuming you're referring to how I sometimes mix up two people / various facts - that's just down to me being a muppet, not to do with the device I'm using; whenever I'm on VGC, I'm on a laptop

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
happydolphin said:

-snip-

@2 mafia factions. I said time and again that I was hypothesizing. Also, even if I were not town, how would I know there were two factions? I'm interested to know.

Well, you see, if you are in a game of 20, and are on a mafia team of only 2-3 people, it is instantly quite clear there is more than one mafia faction.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

RolStoppable said:
Alright, I don't see any point in keeping this information to myself any longer: mario and kantor were the only two people I saw. Now it's down to if we trust both of their claims.

It's very well possible that they both told the truth, so they are both town. A motivator and an insane doctor.

hatmoza may have not liked that I outed roles with my play (and it certainly didn't go like I expected), but I still see benefits in all this. It helped us to reduce the pool of suspects, our cop is still hidden and we learned that we have an insane doctor. Especially the last thing is really important to know, because it would be awful having a doctor going around and killing our power roles by accident.

Still though, there are other ways to explain prof's death. Kantor could be a legitimate doctor while mario is a strongman. If the mafia has a godfather, then a name cop would be a bigger threat to them than a normal cop. On top of this, prof is the prefered target of scum in most games. I can't rule it out that the mafia used their strongman on Night 1, because prof + name cop is a combination that is worth using the strongman on.

Wrong answer.

Baalzamon said:
happydolphin said:

-snip-

@2 mafia factions. I said time and again that I was hypothesizing. Also, even if I were not town, how would I know there were two factions? I'm interested to know.

Well, you see, if you are in a game of 20, and are on a mafia team of only 2-3 people, it is instantly quite clear there is more than one mafia faction.

Thanks for reminding me. Anyways, I already went over this repeatedly, and I'm more interested in Rol's investigation atm so forgive me if I ignore this case from now on.

To clarify, if there were indeed only 2 people that visited Prof, then Kantor can't be a legitimate doctor AND mario be a strongman. If that was the case, who the hell actually killed Prof?

Around the Network

Holy rats I misread that wiki.

Could prof somehow have been bussed or redirected? I don't fully understand how these things work, but what if the mafia tried to kill someone else, but ended up killing prof? is that even a possiblity??

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

RolStoppable said:
Another option for prof's death is that kantor is the legitimate killer, but fakeclaimed insane doctor.

This is the first option that came to my mind, and it's why I asked him about targeting to protect prof. I mean, the flavor helps to reduce doubt, but it's just flavor.

I still don't understand why, of all of us, he would choose to protect Prof.

@baalz. If Kantor is legit doctor, then Mario would need to be strongman to execute the kill. This scenario would also lead to Spurge fake "semi-claiming" or being a crazy doctor...

The other option is Kantor being crazy doctor, and Mario motivator, both town, both saying the truth.

But what if both are lying? What if Kantor actually NK'd prof? What if Mario actually NK'd prof, and Kantor isn't doctor?

What about cop scans? Anything substancial this far? If not, of course keep it to yourself.

DanneSandin said:
Could prof somehow have been bussed or redirected? I don't fully understand how these things work, but what if the mafia tried to kill someone else, but ended up killing prof? is that even a possiblity??

In theory, yes.

However, as Rol said, Prof was a pretty obvious target for the mafia. Firstly, he's prof. Secondly, he's a namecop, and the moment we find out one of their identities, the rest of them may well follow.

I don't think the redirection theory works here. It switches the fates of two characters. For example, if the mafia killed Smeags and I protected, say, Rol, then a bus driver could switch them around so Rol was killed and Smeags was protected.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

^The keep it to yourself was not intended to you Rol, but to cop, whoever he be.