By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

RolStoppable said:

Nice, this might come in handy later on, just like my analysis of who killed who on Night 1:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4632276

What do you think of my analysis?

I'd also like others to comment on the post I linked. FF and happyD already commented, so I know what they think.

I'll have a look through.

I have been thinking about it for a while now and I doubt that there are three anti-town factions who can kill every Night. With pezus as a miller and two vanilla townies dead, town would seem to be at too big of a disadvantage in this game when going up against three anti-factions. Therefore one of the three victims last Night was most likely shot by a vigilante.

I agree completely here.

Prof was either killed by another anti-faction or the vigilante, but on Day 1 it looked like most people trusted his name cop claim. Therefore another anti-faction who obviously knew that prof was not on their team was much more likely to carry out this kill, especially because a name cop would also pose a threat to them. A vigilante shooting a name cop on Night 1 would be a very risky move.

Prof essentially roleclaimed cop. I'm pretty sure he knew full well that he would be targeted and killed by the mafia. I am 99% certain that this was the mafia kill.

Prof's faction (I assume the cartel has more than one member) killed either wonk or smeags, the other anti-faction killed prof. Our vigilante killed either wonk or smeags. A mistake for sure, but not a terribly harmful one, because wonk and smeags were both vanilla townies. Smeags seemed to be trusted on Day 1 while wonk was suspected by some or at least an unknown due to his low activity. This makes wonk the more likely target for the vigilante kill.

I think this cartel killed Smeags, only because I can't imagine why a vigilante would kill Smeags, who gave no impression at all of being scum. That leaves the vigilante as having killed wonk. Can anybody think of why they would do this?

Prof's team killed smeags. The other anti-faction killed prof. The vigilante killed wonk.

I agree with this judgement.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

What do you think of my analysis?

"Prof's team killed smeags. The other anti-faction killed prof. The vigilante killed wonk."

This makes the most sense at the moment. Wonk was playing like his usual scummy self so I wouldn't have blamed the vigilante. The only reason I was starting to think townie from him was because he offered to re read a lot of people, which scum never really bother doing. Good theory, but we won't learn the truth until much later on.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

happydolphin said:

I have watched many other games of yours, and I can tell you your play style is night and day. Funny thing, I'm not the only one to have noticed. It struck me on your first post.

Fair enough, but if it is so light and day then why are you wrong? lol

Anyways, I won't be back online until 10 pm tonight.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Kantor said:
insomniac17 said:

What do you think of Danne and Kantor so far this game? They have done quite a bit of flavour analysis in the game.

I just love the setting, and I can never turn down any opportunity to discuss it. I apologise if I'm derailing the discussion somewhat, but all of you need to go read those books (or if you absolutely detest books, at least watch the show).

I'm not saying it's suspicious or bad necessarily. I'm just curious what Final-Fan's thoughts are. (As an aside, I do plan on reading the books soon, since they have been highly recommended to me by many people.)

@Rol; Your analysis makes sense to me and I am inclined to agree.

supermario128 said:

Fair enough, but if it is so light and day then why are you wrong? lol

Anyways, I won't be back online until 10 pm tonight.

Probably cause you're linkz'ing me

Around the Network
insomniac17 said:
Final-Fan said:
[...]

What do you think of Danne and Kantor so far this game? They have done quite a bit of flavour analysis in the game.

They are somewhere in the middle of my trust/distrust range. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

pezus said:
supermario128 said:
pezus said:

Jeezus >_>

Would you care to elaborate on this? Who do you find suspicious?

It's just that I was surprised that you didn't get what he meant right away.

spryan
Stefl
You
Kantor
F-F
Korppi (will he ever play?)

Unsure:

Danne
Radish
Rol
mantle
Noctis
baalz

Pretty sure are townies:

hatmoza
happyd
insomniac

This is what I gather right about now. Who do you suspect?

So, what else other than me not having much time (ergo lurking) do you find suspicious? Since it looks like you rowed them by suspicion fo some kind.

Final-Fan said:
insomniac17 said:

They are somewhere in the middle of my trust/distrust range. 

Now, about your vote for Baalz. This was the ninth vote out of ten. You voted for him after he explained that he only claimed to get useful info for the town (Post). It would seem to me that you did not buy that reasoning, and believed him to be lying. But what made you vote when you did, rather than wait until closer to the deadline?

insomniac17 said:

Now, about your vote for Baalz. This was the ninth vote out of ten. You voted for him after he explained that he only claimed to get useful info for the town (Post). It would seem to me that you did not buy that reasoning, and believed him to be lying. But what made you vote when you did, rather than wait until closer to the deadline?

Well ... why wait?  It's not like the Day had been short, and the baalz situation had also been going on.  I didn't see any particular reason to wait for the deadline to get closer before voting. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

pezus said:
Stefl1504 said:

So, what else other than me not having much time (ergo lurking) do you find suspicious? Since it looks like you rowed them by suspicion fo some kind.

No, it's not ranked from most suspicious to least suspicious. Your lurking is the main thing that is making suspicious of you. Read my post to Mario above to see what else I think about you so far. Are you busy in rl?

Yeah pretty much, I have only set asside time to play a bit right now...

Tomorrow I will work from 6:30 to past 24:00, though I will probably post inbetween, or more reread Noctis... and then on Sunday I am on my way again, so i think I will probably finish my huge ass Noctis reread then... and day 2 probably also is over by then...

@Rol

"Prof's team killed smeags. The other anti-faction killed prof. The vigilante killed wonk."

sounds possible... but I would not debunk a third anti-faction right now... also it could be a overeager vigilante (otherwise I think vigs shouldn't kill night 1)... though I do not really think that town has to be "at too big of a disadvantage in this game when going up against three anti-factions." It entirely depends on the power distribution and team size, for now, I don't think wether or not the last kill was anti-town or vig-born is very important. The two scum factions seems confirmed to me tough... or (what I do not expect) Linkz is trolling us by naming the faction cartel...