By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What real 'next gen' is there actually in the Wii U...?!

The next Xbox and Playstation are DEFINITELY releasing Christmas 2013. That is verifiable fact.

And known developers at NeoGAF have confirmed that the Wii U is very underpowered compared to both Microsoft and Sony's next gen consoles. The analogy used was:

Wii U: Low end PC
Orbis (The next Playstation): Medium range PC
Durango (The next Xbox): High End PC

The tech in Wii U is three or four years old already. It is ancient.

Around the Network
pachoo5 said:

The next Xbox and Playstation are DEFINITELY releasing Christmas 2013. That is verifiable fact.

And known developers at NeoGAF have confirmed that the Wii U is very underpowered compared to both Microsoft and Sony's next gen consoles. The analogy used was:

Wii U: Low end PC
Orbis (The next Playstation): Medium range PC
Durango (The next Xbox): High End PC

The tech in Wii U is three or four years old already. It is ancient.

If art is to nourish the roots of our culture, society must set the artist free to follow
his vision wherever it takes him. - 
President John F. Kennedy

Now the paraphrase: If console power is to nourish the roots of our gaming culture, gamers must set the console manufacturers free to develop their own hardware wherever it takes them.

No successive generations benefitted similarly from their previous generation's induced success. This is a fact.

pachoo5 said:

Do you have a source that verifies it as a certainty? One that is itself trustworthy?

No? Then don't use the word "verifiable". Words have meanings, make sure that the one you choose to use actually means what you think it means.

What you presumably meant to say is that it's an obvious fact.

IamAwsome said:
o_O.Q said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
1080p, graphics of Xbox360/Ps3 ports of AC3 already seem to have a slight bit of improvement in graphics where Pikmin 3 looks clearly better than any Ps3/Xbox360 titles and is a launch title, networking and gameplay have next-gen elements too

it's many ''not-quite'' next gen elements combined actually

it does?

No it really doen't, but that Japanese Bird demo does. 

it does?

If you want a glimpse at next gen look at star wars 1313. The Wii U isnt that far away. There not gonna be a huge leap in graphics you can notice clearly. Its more animations.

Around the Network

The WiiU will have the next Smash Bros and Mario Kart games? Yes.
=>The WiiU is next-gen.

Nem said:
If you want a glimpse at next gen look at star wars 1313. The Wii U isnt that far away. There not gonna be a huge leap in graphics you can notice clearly. Its more animations.

Completely wrong. Take a look at Ubisoft's next gen engine and tell me you don't see a gigantic leap in graphics.  The next gen will have an enormous leap in graphics.  The next Playstation and Xbox will be able to handle Ubisoft's engine, but the Wii U can't. It is too underpowered. Same story with the Unreal 4 engine.

Here is a question for everybody: Why are people going all out and saying that the Wii U isn't stronger than the PS3/360 and basing that stuff off of launh titles and comments from shady developers? Developer after developer said that the Wii U is very powerful, and some of the most esteemed devs that previously wouldn't touch a Wii, have admired it. If people like Crytek can port their tech to the Wii U without a problem, why woudn't the system be powerful? 

As for launch titles, the PS3 and 360 launched with a lot of ports. That didn't make them weak consoles. Why are people saying that the Wii U is weak for the same reason? I want someone to explain all that to me. 

^^^
i think WiiUs launch lineup is VERY strong compared to xbox360s and ps3s...mybe its just me :P

DieAppleDie said:
^^^
i think WiiUs launch lineup is VERY strong compared to xbox360s and ps3s...mybe its just me :P

Well, you're in the minority. A lot of people bashed it after E3.