By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My 360 got Jealous of the Wii and RRoD'ed.. w/ pic!

I think you should remove those stickers from your TV It doesn't look cool. Seriously. Anyway... call for your coffin. Everything gonna be alright.

Around the Network
Me said:
noticed your Wii is also on Wii connect 24 mode - that may just damage it (hasn't been proven either way yet but i'm a bit dubious about that).

Also - you've had it a year? it seems well ventilated there, has it always been there. If so then thats not good.

I'm beginning to think the 360 may be outputting more heat / working harder when connected to HD TV's - has anyone had theirs RROd yet when well ventilated connectred to SD TV? Reason i'm asking is i've had mine a year now on a SD Tv and no problems but i'm gonna buy a HD Tv and just wondering if it's gonna effect it in any way.

It affected some launch consoles, not all.  Given the fact he just got his Wii, I'm sure that issue's been fixed by now.  BTW I still have my launch Wii and it's been fine with WiiConnect24 turned on the entire time.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

leo-j said:
I thought the wii was much smaller..

Well sucks man.

LOL PS3  is much smaller im sure............ oh wait no............ forget i sed anythin............

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

RobMate said:
Isnt the main 360 vent on the bottom?

The biggest air intake is at the bottom which is covered when stood vertical like that yes. There's a bunch of other air intakes but that is defiantly the largest.

And they say Wii is the least powerful console...

Around the Network

*reinactment*

Wii--hey 360 come here i want to show you something

360--dahhhhh okey, what ya gooots therees bahossss

Wii--its an electric blanket, ya look a little cold to me so i got ya this

360--awwwhh geezes thaanks bosss, i zz didnt gets you anythings...here you can have another chunk of the market share from the NA and EU markets....duhhhhh....(drools)

Wii--let me just plug this in real quick and crank it up to ...Inferno setting

360--izz feeelin a littels funny (RROD)

i feel that is the most accuracte thing that happend..well that or a band of ninjas

My Wii loves to play with the Box ::grin::

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Update - My 360 is working again... Can I still send it in? I would really like a new 360 with HDMi (Do they send new ones??)

As for the TV - Its about 8 months old, I won it in a hockey pool. I still have the stickers on them because.. well I don't know, to be honest, I never really noticed them till now. I think originally I kept them on because I was afraid they would leave a gooye (gooeee? spelling?) residue.

Ventilation - I've kept the 360 on its side almost always, when I clean up I store it in a small compartment between the stand and a shelf, but that shouldn't matter since it would be off and not generating any heat or near any heat sources.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)