By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ajescent said:
We are heading for our first 0-0 it seems, trust Italy to be a part of it.

Can't see it myself, we've been quite poor in the 2nd half, Italy do deserve to be in front but I still hope they lose.

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Ajescent said:

To be fair, Italy has been the most offensive side on this game, not the other way around.

True, true. I was gonna originally write "England" but figured some would take offense

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
lestatdark said:
Ajescent said:

To be fair, Italy has been the most offensive side on this game, not the other way around.

True, true. I was gonna originally write "England" but figured some would take offense

Well, everyone has his own different opinion, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone saying that England has been the most positive team on the field today

Still, there has been some good chances from both sides. With a bit more luck, the score could have been changed by any side.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Two great opportunities for each side in these last minutes and both squandered. I have a feeling this will definetily go into penalty shootouts, because I don't see any team scoring in the extra time.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

How many chance do the Italian need? They could have easily won 2:0

Around the Network
lestatdark said:

Well, everyone has his own different opinion, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone saying that England has been the most positive team on the field today

Still, there has been some good chances from both sides. With a bit more luck, the score could have been changed by any side.

Well to be fair, Italy have just played really well, England have been positive but its hard when the ball is coming back at you so quickly, especially this 2nd half which has been nearly all Italy.

England didn't set out to play for a 0-0 like greece or the cechs its just happened that way because of poor finishing & really good defending.

Really good game so far by both teams. If this goes to penalties, it will be interesting to see if England's curse endures, one cannot say that they have a fortunate set of statistics with decision by penalties in the past...

I guess I jinxed it by saying somebody should score that game, I'm sorry Italy.

JazzyJeez said:
lestatdark said:

Well to be fair, Italy have just played really well, England have been positive but its hard when the ball is coming back at you so quickly, especially this 2nd half which has been nearly all Italy.

England didn't set out to play for a 0-0 like greece or the cechs its just happened that way because of poor finishing & really good defending.

I just think that England hasn't been as pressing in the midfield as they could have been. They've been losing too much of their possession there, and that could have been a potential weapon against a much slower Italy midfield. 

Just now, there was another ball to the post by Italy because no one was pressing the man with the ball in a near fatal long distance strike zone.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
I just think that England hasn't been as pressing in the midfield as they could have been. They've been losing too much of their possession there, and that could have been a potential weapon against a much slower Italy midfield. 

Just now, there was another ball to the post by Italy because no one was pressing the man with the ball in a near fatal long distance strike zone.

Absolutely agree, Pirlo has been given far to much space, every time he has the ball very rarely is their an English player near him.