By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

People underestimate good defence in football. It can frustrate even the best offensive sides. It's how Greece won in 04 and Italy won the world cup in 06.

Greece will get hammered by Germany but I think this is a nice result for their citizens who probably feel as though all of the world is against them.

Also a deserved win by the Czech, should quash any complaints that they only made it by beating a team in poor form.

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
Ajescent said:

Group A

As It Stands

Country W D L GD Pts
 Czech Rep. 2 0 1 -1 6
Greece 1 1 1 0 4
Russia 1 1 1 2 4
Poland 0 2 1 -1 2

Wait...how is Greece on top of Russia when their goal difference is worse? 

head to head is valued more than goal difference, because Greece beat Russia 1-0, they get better billing

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Is this an historic first in any competition in which the first place of a group goes through with a negative GA?. Pretty shoddy performance from the russians today, even when they had some "help" from the referee as well.

I hope that Portugal goes through in second place, I want to stay as far away as possible from the greek. I hate their playstyle with passion and no doubt they'll try to do the same they did back at Euro 2004 now that they've gone through to the quarter-finals.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Is this an historic first in any competition in which the first place of a group goes through with a negative GA?. Pretty shoddy performance from the russians today, even when they had some "help" from the referee as well.

I hope that Portugal goes through in second place, I want to stay as far away as possible from the greek. I hate their playstyle with passion and no doubt they'll try to do the same they did back at Euro 2004 now that they've gone through to the quarter-finals.

I thought Russia played really well. They had some really great shots on target. Just unlucky really. The match reminded a lot of Netherlands v Denmark.

Ajescent said:
Player1x3 said:
Ajescent said:

Group A

As It Stands

Country W D L GD Pts
 Czech Rep. 2 0 1 -1 6
Greece 1 1 1 0 4
Russia 1 1 1 2 4
Poland 0 2 1 -1 2

Wait...how is Greece on top of Russia when their goal difference is worse? 

head to head is valued more than goal difference, because Greece beat Russia 1-0, they get better billing

In FIFA games its always been GD >> head to head. don't know why they change it

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
Ajescent said:
Player1x3 said:
Ajescent said:

Group A

As It Stands

Country W D L GD Pts
 Czech Rep. 2 0 1 -1 6
Greece 1 1 1 0 4
Russia 1 1 1 2 4
Poland 0 2 1 -1 2

Wait...how are Greece on top of Russia when their goal difference is worse? 

Its the way UEFA always do it. Personally think it is the better system.

Player1x3 said:
Ajescent said:

head to head is valued more than goal difference, because Greece beat Russia 1-0, they get better billin

this tournament is organized by the UEFA

Also, the match between Greece and Germany is gonna be awesome, for every reason but football

Player1x3 said:
Also, the match between Greece and Germany is gonna be awesome, for every reason but football

You assume Germany will meet Greece, as tonight proved, not everything is set in stone.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Panama said:
lestatdark said:

I thought Russia played really well. They had some really great shots on target. Just unlucky really. The match reminded a lot of Netherlands v Denmark.

While they did have some good opportunites, Greece also had them too. Russia wasn't as strong on the midfield as they were on the two other matches especially with Arshavin underperforming, which has clear reprecurssions on the overall production of the team. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"