By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I think we can agree Andy Caroll was the worst player on the pitch. Every ball contact he had was lost possession. Too bad I really hoped for him to shine at this Euro. I hope he will perform better in Liverpool next year.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Oh well. We know how penalties work for England. Overall, I think we had a good tournament. We perform badly in Tournaments after all.

All players did their parts alright, just think Young was our worst player. Best players, when he was on Carroll did very well, Glen Johnson as great and surpassed my expectations of him.

Still got too much alcohol in my head, but this post pis pretty much spot on. England still did better than I expected but ********, I would love use to actually make the last 4 of a tournament in my lifetime.

AndrewWK said:
I think we can agree Andy Caroll was the worst player on the pitch. Every ball contact he had was lost possession. Too bad I really hoped for him to shine at this Euro. I hope he will perform better in Liverpool next year.

Nope, this game he was good, got the ball every time it came to him.

Hmm, pie.

AndrewWK said:

No we can't agree, and looking at most people's posts neither do they, Young & Rooney were by far imo the worst , and in particular young.

Carrol had a job, which was to win the first ball & more often then not he did. Pretty pointless though with the pace of rooney tonight, to me he looks half a stone overweight.

AndrewWK said:

No. Youre wrong. He was winning the ball in the air and knocking it on. To play Andy Carroll, England need to whip balls into the box with pace. When we cant hold onto the ball for 10 seconds at a time, were gunna struggle to get any kind of cross in.

Rooney is where the problems sit. Aside from one nice touch for Welbecks chance, he was shite. Just cant perform in an England shirt.

Around the Network
JazzyJeez said:
AndrewWK said:

No we can't agree, and looking at most people's posts neither do they, Young & Rooney were by far imo the worst , and in particular young.

Carrol had a job, which was to win the first ball & more often then not he did. Pretty pointless though with the pace of rooney tonight, to me he looks half a stone overweight.

Yes he won the ball here an there but he couldn´t keep it for more then 3 secs. Young sucked too but Rooney had some decent solo runs, not Rooney standard but far better then Caroll.

I was rooting for Italy even though I am no fan at all and this game was stressful for me, if I was from England I probably would have died by now. If England would have been Germanys next opponent It would be easier but if Spain wins, Germany has the chance to play the perfect Tournament. Get revenge on Italy/Spain. Finally beat Italy in a big tournament. And win a 4th time the Euro Cup highly deserved.

But I have to say after this game I am really worried about the semi finals. Even more than about a possible final with Spain.

For all the Carroll apologists, I'm surprised you can be satisfied with that. Yes he won the ball in the air but when it came to his feet he gave it away and God is he slow. I suppose he played ok given his limited abilities but that was by no means a good performance. He was much better against Sweden but looked back to his lumbering norm tonight

Carl2291 said:
AndrewWK said:

No. Youre wrong. He was winning the ball in the air and knocking it on. To play Andy Carroll, England need to whip balls into the box with pace. When we cant hold onto the ball for 10 seconds at a time, were gunna struggle to get any kind of cross in.

Rooney is where the problems sit. Aside from one nice touch for Welbecks chance, he was shite. Just cant perform in an England shirt.

Euro 2004 he was a beast. He won the ball but lost it every time.

Euro 2004? That was the last time he performed in an England shirt. It was 8 Years ago...

Inconsistant players shouldnt be at major tournaments. They certainly shouldnt be playing 120 minutes.