By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGC -BEYOND: THE LAST OF US-

Well graphicaly i am more impressed with God of War Ascension. And Beyound beat both The last of Us and Ascension if you ask me.With that beeing said The Last of us doesnt look bad by any means.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure the first pic is david cage lol.

Very impressive stuff. Thanks for sharing CGI.

Aldro said:
Player1x3 said:

off screen gameplay by IGN: (expect real deal soon)

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/03/24/the-last-of-us-gameplay-off-screen-part-1-pax-east

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/03/23/the-last-of-us-gameplay-off-screen-part-2-pax-east

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/03/23/the-last-of-us-gameplay-off-screen-part-3-pax-east

I really hope this is pre alpha build, because it honestly doesn't look as good as the E3 gameplay :/  Character models are as good as ever, but they really need to fix the environment and the ''animation teleporting'' in combat. Joel strike waay too fast sometimes and his hits fly towards enemies sometimes. I'll wait for an HD walkthrough before making new comments on the graphics. Another thing it pisses me off were those damn pick up icons and highlighted items. I reeealy hope ND goes for the E3 HUD. 

On the good hand, the atmosphere, the gameplay, dialogue seem to be at the utmost perfection for a survival game.

Wrote this to you on my wall :3

"Speaking TLOU right?
Yeah well I've said it before :| It's far longer than UC they claim as well as more wide open with lots of choice including an AI that appears to be in its own class. Anyone expecting the graphical fidelity to be UC class is kidding themselves. God of War Ascension will probably win this year. Beyond has a chance I suppose but time will tell.

TLOU did however get delayed so maybe the polish could ..do something but I just don't see it to be honest. It is too ambitious and the PS3 is only capable of so much. Linear games are the most visually stunning ones and the media recognizes it as that.

But TLOU is everything UC is not. They're like the polar opposite. One spouses a linear cinematic adventure and experience whereas TLOU is more about a very deep and immersive gameplay.

I haven't played TLOU but UC is "my thing". I'm glad we get both. For now just enjoy this game for what it is and await the jizzyness of UC4 on the PS4 :P"

Really though, TLOU is far from looking average but it isn't UC heights which kinda makes sense. I don't see Joel being on a plane that's gonna crash XD. But it is well enough to actually sell the atmosphere and with the sound design which seems ridicilously well: I think they're gonna immerse us well enough.

This is pre-alpha build, old couple of months. Final game will without a doubt look waay better. Besides, demo takes place in a dark, rainy building, not really the most ideal place to show off your graphics 

CGI-Quality said:
Player1x3 said:
Aldro said:

"Speaking TLOU right?
Yeah well I've said it before :| It's far longer than UC they claim as well as more wide open with lots of choice including an AI that appears to be in its own class. Anyone expecting the graphical fidelity to be UC class is kidding themselves. God of War Ascension will probably win this year. Beyond has a chance I suppose but time will tell.

TLOU did however get delayed so maybe the polish could ..do something but I just don't see it to be honest. It is too ambitious and the PS3 is only capable of so much. Linear games are the most visually stunning ones and the media recognizes it as that.

But TLOU is everything UC is not. They're like the polar opposite. One spouses a linear cinematic adventure and experience whereas TLOU is more about a very deep and immersive gameplay.

I haven't played TLOU but UC is "my thing". I'm glad we get both. For now just enjoy this game for what it is and await the jizzyness of UC4 on the PS4 :P"

Really though, TLOU is far from looking average but it isn't UC heights which kinda makes sense. I don't see Joel being on a plane that's gonna crash XD. But it is well enough to actually sell the atmosphere and with the sound design which seems ridicilously well: I think they're gonna immerse us well enough.

This is pre-alpha build, old couple of months. Final game will without a doubt look waay better. Besides, demo takes place in a dark, rainy building, not really the most ideal place to show off your graphics 

Yeah, people don't seem to understand. Come launch, The Last Of Us will easily top anything Uncharted has done. Easily.

I won't make any type of bet but I personally believe it will not. It's far longer, it's more open, it's focused on the AI => The graphics will suffer. IT will be an amazing looking game, but up to the top 2 with GoWA and UC3, I don't think so.

But I do really hope you are right :P. GameReactor Sweden got a hands on and they wrote an article giving it a 4/5 in terms of "hype" with the negative being "Where did the stunning visuals go?"

And how come we haven't seen anything like the E3 demo where Joel gets held down and Ellie stabs the bad guy to help him and the whole shotgun to the face etc? It all feels more.. game-y. Even the hud does.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Aldro said:
CGI-Quality said:
Player1x3 said:

Yeah, people don't seem to understand. Come launch, The Last Of Us will easily top anything Uncharted has done. Easily.

I won't make any type of bet but I personally believe it will not. It's far longer, it's more open, it's focused on the AI => The graphics will suffer. IT will be an amazing looking game, but up to the top 2 with GoWA and UC3, I don't think so.

But I do really hope you are right :P. GameReactor Sweden got a hands on and they wrote an article giving it a 4/5 in terms of "hype" with the negative being "Where did the stunning visuals go?"

And how come we haven't seen anything like the E3 demo where Joel gets held down and Ellie stabs the bad guy to help him and the whole shotgun to the face etc? It all feels more.. game-y. Even the hud does.

As I said, I've PLAYED it. I'm not basing my views on a trailer. 

Hmmm, maybe its inconsistent? Certain parts are better then others? :P HEY ITS POSSIBLE

Both of them for me, day 1.

Aldro said:
CGI-Quality said:
Player1x3 said:
Aldro said:

"Speaking TLOU right?

Maybe because Clickers are 1 hit kill and Runners cant really hold you down? Or...you know, we just havent seen it happening in the very short and limited footage that was available to us

CGI-Quality said:

Love this.

HYPEEEE

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/29/the-last-of-us-tv-spot-on-the-walking-dead-season-finale/

The Last of us will be shown on The Walking Dead Season Finale.