By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGC -BEYOND: THE LAST OF US-

holyshit, I didn't know my PS3 can do that!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
007BondAgent said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxLX9bQZfIQ

new vid :)

FUCK i was hoping for a new The Last of Us video :/   Those anybody know when the new development series episode comes out? 1st one came out nearly a month ago.

Also, i used to think TLOU looked better than Beyond, but after these pics and that video, Beyond completely blows away anything on PS3, quite easily 

CGI-Quality said:
Player1x3 said:
CGI, it would be really nice if you can post your impressions on the last of us demo you played...like the graphics, gameplay, maybe an occasional screenshot? :p

Well, graphically, I was shocked. I knew it looked good, but not that good. However, graphics will actually take a back seat to how good the game-play was. It was intense, moddy, and even challenges some the industry's best horror games. The mechanics were slick and useful, too!

I can't give screenshots as it was considered "closed door", but I believe Naughty Dog fans are going to be taken aback by this game!

Can you tell us if it was the infected demo or E3 demo? And did they fix the stupid HUD and pick up icons from the infected demo?

Wow Beyound looks Beyound amazing. I have never seen anything better this gen. From the animations , to the phsik to the detailed faces. Truly stunning stuff. How will PS4 games look in 7 years when PS* games can look like that.

CGI-Quality said:

New Screens

@CGI

MOTHER OF GOD

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

It's interesting that Ellen Page is in Beyond, since the girl in The Last of Us really reminds me of her.

Hence one of the reasons created this topic.

Some facts from interviews:

-No more walking with R2.
-You can freely walk around. Not just forward to next cutscene
-You can switch at any point between Aiden and Jodie with the Triangle button
-Multiple ways to go
-Aiden seems to be very interactive. You can stop at any point during the first demo or just continue to destroy everything
-Puzzles are going to be more complex as the game progresses as well
-There was a very emotional segment that the press could play (scene from the screenshots). One journalist said he was sick and exhausted after finishing it. VG247 said this:

Originally Posted by VG247:
Let me put it this way. At one point in this presentation I literally had tears in my eyes. When it finished, everyone clapped. The only people in the room were journalists. I’ve been to this type of event many, many times, and can’t remember another occasion when a game demo was actually applauded. It felt as though we’d seen something new.

CGI-Quality said:

Isn't that picture from 'No Country For Old Men'?

Kind of fortuitous if it is considering one of the influences for TLOU was this film.

The PS5 Exists. 

Aldro said:
CGI-Quality said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

It's interesting that Ellen Page is in Beyond, since the girl in The Last of Us really reminds me of her.

Hence one of the reasons created this topic.

Some facts from interviews:

-No more walking with R2.
-You can freely walk around. Not just forward to next cutscene
-You can switch at any point between Aiden and Jodie with the Triangle button
-Multiple ways to go
-Aiden seems to be very interactive. You can stop at any point during the first demo or just continue to destroy everything
-Puzzles are going to be more complex as the game progresses as well
-There was a very emotional segment that the press could play (scene from the screenshots). One journalist said he was sick and exhausted after finishing it. VG247 said this:

Originally Posted by VG247:
Let me put it this way. At one point in this presentation I literally had tears in my eyes. When it finished, everyone clapped. The only people in the room were journalists. I’ve been to this type of event many, many times, and can’t remember another occasion when a game demo was actually applauded. It felt as though we’d seen something new.

Hyped!

Glad to see there's still yet life in the old dog.

CGI-Quality said:
Player1x3 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Player1x3 said:
CGI, it would be really nice if you can post your impressions on the last of us demo you played...like the graphics, gameplay, maybe an occasional screenshot? :p

Well, graphically, I was shocked. I knew it looked good, but not that good. However, graphics will actually take a back seat to how good the game-play was. It was intense, moddy, and even challenges some the industry's best horror games. The mechanics were slick and useful, too!

I can't give screenshots as it was considered "closed door", but I believe Naughty Dog fans are going to be taken aback by this game!

Can you tell us if it was the infected demo or E3 demo? And did they fix the stupid HUD and pick up icons from the infected demo?

Infected. The HUD didn't look too different (though imrovements were made).

Damn...those stupid pick up icons and lock on circle will probably pull me from the realistic atmosphere.

@CGI - I'm jelous u got to play the demo already! But how did u manage to do thst?? r u a journalist?? And tell me about the gameplay, how was it? Give us some insight.