By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony on PS4: "Late and expensive but Powerful"

Sony has indicated its priority with PlayStation 4 is to have it be the "best" next generation console, not being cheapest or beating Microsoft's next Xbox to market.

Speaking on Gametrailers, Sony Computer Entertainment US boss Jack Tretton said it is better to build a better machine and have it launch after its rivals than rushing it out.

"We've never been first. We've never been cheapest. It's about being the best," he said.
"If you can build a better machine and it's going to come out a little bit later, that's better than rushing something to market that's going to run out of gas for the long term.

"Ideally, in a perfect world, you want the best machine that ships first that's cheapest. But the number one goal is to be the best machine and that's what we're always focused on."

source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-06-sony-on-ps4-weve-never-been-first-weve-never-been-cheapest-its-about-being-the-best

Around the Network

Where did he say, "Late and expensive but powerful"?

that's why i bought my PS3 last year. Because I knew it was the more powerful than the Xbox. and it was finally at a decent price.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Sal.Paradise said:

"We've never been first (or) cheapest. It's about being the best." its the same

Totaldemon said:
Sal.Paradise said:

"We've never been first (or) cheapest. It's about being the best." its the same

No, it isn't. 

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:

My thoughts exactly.

Misleading "quote" is way misleading.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

So chances are the PS4 will have best graphics for next gen...Aldro will be pleased.

Also they definitely took a pot shot at the 360 for the whole RROD problem

Misleading / incorrect title should lead to an automatic ban and locking of the thread.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

The title may be misleading, but he's hinting that it will be late, expensive and powerful.

Sony never learn.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.