By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Las of Us & Halo 4 Raise the Bar for Console Graphics.

I thought Beyond was pretty impressive actually, if people bother to pay attention to the demo =P

Around the Network

Halo 4 and Killzone 3 are on par, visually. But that just means both developers got the most they could out of each console. No shame in that.

btw can we stop arguing about 360 and PS3 graphics? it's pretty common knowledge by now that the PS3 has a little more horse power when devs really tap into it, it's really not a big deal. I thought Halo 4 looked awesome as it is, but definitely not because of the graphics alone.

CGI-Quality said:
Millenium said:

Did I say technical front or "single character model front"?

Please Just wait until the game is out and DF etc did their analysis before you try to put it down with a one-liner picture.

Killzone may look good, but it lacks physics, open space etc in so many places.

Killzone lacks physics? I seem to remember physics being one of things praised about that franchise. Oh well, you two will argue your heads off on such a subject, so I agree it's probably better to see what the tech heads have to say about it.

One thing's for sure, if Halo 4 doesn't end up looking better than Killzone 3, it being more of an open title would definitely be one of the reasons.

Could have sworn I typed water physics (Was just making a example of one of the features) but my phone must have fudged up

Anyways I'll wait until the game is out and people can actually compare it from their own sets instead of from streams etc, and then we'll see.

Being a 3D hobbyist modeller I'm not really bothered to argue graphics ten times in a row without anything being able to be proved.

Millenium said:
CGI-Quality said:
Millenium said:

Did I say technical front or "single character model front"?

Please Just wait until the game is out and DF etc did their analysis before you try to put it down with a one-liner picture.

Killzone may look good, but it lacks physics, open space etc in so many places.

Killzone lacks physics? I seem to remember physics being one of things praised about that franchise. Oh well, you two will argue your heads off on such a subject, so I agree it's probably better to see what the tech heads have to say about it.

One thing's for sure, if Halo 4 doesn't end up looking better than Killzone 3, it being more of an open title would definitely be one of the reasons.

Could have sworn I typed water physics (Was just making a example of one of the features) but my phone must have fudged up

Anyways I'll wait until the game is out and people can actually compare it from their own sets instead of from streams etc, and then we'll see.

Being a 3D hobbyist modeller I'm not really bothered to argue graphics ten times in a row without anything being able to be proved.

as long as you are not as crazy as selnor, it's all good >.>;

Around the Network

both are impressive. halo is impressive because of the great lighting, hopefully great a.i. and because there will be going on a lot on the screen. last of us looks brilliant and i believe i already read a.i. is very good but therefore i believe lighting isn't as good (in the gif the lighting is not even there but this isn't the case in the game) and it will be very linear which will save power you can pump in graphics. (i mentioned a.i. for both because this is eating power and i think both will handle it great)

so for me, both are very impressive for console, last of us will look better but this isn't shocking for a more linear game with less effects on the screen (maybe it won't be as linear as i think). both are top three for me if it comes to excitement^^

€dit: lol wrotre uncharted all the time i meant last of us

PS3 fanboys will not appreciate any xbox 360 graphics. Next time just mention all their fucking exclusives.

Argh_College said:
Aldro said:
Millenium said:
Lol at some, TLOU may become king, but Halo 4 definitely beats Killzone 3 on a technical front.

Problem ?

omg aldro always way too much pics/gifs. and please all stop posting only faces all the time if it come to this a game like heavy rain or beyond would be the master but this is way behind uncharted or killzone for me if it comes to overall graphics.

and sometimes i wonder if people habve a library of gifs they can post for thead like this. like they hope for such a thread just to show how great their games are^^

GIFs don't mean anything, especially when they are dowscaled to resolutions like 400x400.