By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst. E3. Ever.

The_Botman said:

Was Wonderbook really that awful, I mean I guess you gotta have something to appeal to the other demographic, I guess.....

In addition, didn't Ubisoft spend a lot of time on talking about Just Dance.

A few minutes yeah, but then they announced Watch Dogs.  The game of show BY FAR (BTW G4 just confirmed Watch Dogs is on the PC/PS3/360 and maybe Wii U,

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network
The_Botman said:

Was Wonderbook really that awful, I mean I guess you gotta have something to appeal to the other demographic, I guess.....

In addition, didn't Ubisoft spend a lot of time on talking about Just Dance.

KOALA

No they danced about just dance.

Honestly who would have thought Ubisoft would overshadow MS and Sony? Rayman Legends was just gorgeous and looks incredibly fun. While Watch_Dogs was on a whole different level. And it's a new unexpected IP! That counts for so much.

Oh and Wii U just as powerful as the 360/PS3? Lol. It will be a nice bump over them.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

the fact that Nintendo is the one people are looking forward to confirms this completely
this years E3 = garbage

Best highlights of E3 2012:

Last of Us
God of War: Ascension
Beyond: Two Souls
AC3
Watch Dogs

Microsft - F
EA - C
Ubisoft - B
Sony - B

Everything else is passable.

Around the Network

Since last year i've been looking foward to nintendo, i just watched today to know more about the games and i think all of them were at least ok, microsoft was the worse but it had the gorgeous Halo 4 and the reveal of the new Splinter Cell, and Ubisoft totally stole it. but yeah... it helps to have low standards ;)

Updated, yeah Nintendo was disappointing too >

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Without Megatons, why would anyone expect the press events to be awesome? All they end up being is a presentation that meets a checklist set of requirements, and that is that. All three did this, but the lack of Megatons were disappointing. I would put Nintendo first, not by a lot, because they didn't manage to give a price point, or release date. Sony did ok, showed what they had to. Microsoft did also. Still, no price points, or price cuts, no surprises or anything else.

And, in regards to Ubisoft, I believe the feeling may be this way due to surprise announcements. Watch Dogs has been generally agreed upon as THE game of the show, and blew about everyone away, for the level it is at. Yes, we finally get a game on a fully functioning city the way that game is. It is Hacker's Creed.

By the way, there were no F's.  To get an F, you would have to drop to THIS level:

Halo 4 was all I wanted from this E3. I got Halo 4 so it's not the worest E3 yet. I thought it was fine.

MS 7/10
Sony 7/10
Nintendo 5/10

Keep in mind that I use the whole 10 point scale so a 5 would be an average not bad not great score. A 7 would be above average but not stellar.

Honestly people have become so jaded. If the gaming industry only catered to the most hardcore of gamer tastes then the entire market would like the PC market. Not everything displayed or announced at E3 is for you. If it's not for you then I suggest not caring. I generally don't put much effort into worrying about things that don't appeal to me.

Oh and it's not like the press conference is even for gamers. Don't let the live streams fool you. It's nothing more than a "PRESS" conference. It's not for your entertainment, it's for informing press and retailers about the stuff they plan to sell potential consumers.

These companies don't sit around trying to figure out who to put on an exciting show for jaded hardcore gamers. They sit around talking about what products will make their shareholders the most money. Sometimes, like Halo 4, it just happens to be the same thing. Damn Halo 4 looks good!

No real surprises, no Next Box or PS4 and no price cuts. Holding out until later in the year and timing price cuts and bundles with late game releases.