By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rate the microsoft conference !!!

rate the microsoft press conference !!!

A - AMAZING 13 3.46%

B - Good 35 9.31%

C - Meh 92 24.47%

D - Poor 111 29.52%

0 - Garbage conference th... 75 19.95%

Show results 50 13.30%

Total:376

def better then last years. Not sure people care about tablet and phone integration.

Im sad that the UNSC infinity crashes....its a very expensive ship! Humanity cant catch a break lol

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

You know, I almost forgot how bad MS' last conferences were. People are right, this wasn't that good, but nowhere as bad as say last year or the year before.

I had to watch this to refreshen my memory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=39SptQlOR1k

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Well Let's see how it all played out:

• Halo 4 (Looks gorgeous. And I see some hints of Metroid in there. Always a good thing,)
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist (The whole Middle-Eastern scene is getting tiring. But the action looked fast and fluid. Not my thing, but it looked good.)
  • EA Sports Madden/FIFA (*Yawn* Still, it was better than last year's Kinect Sports Season 2.)
  • Fable: The Journey (Standard Kinect "on-rails" gameplay with magic. Not interested, but the player did do the Kamehameha move.)
  • Gears of War Judgment (Lots of action and craziness everywhere. It's a short trailer though, so there's not much to judge. Haha. Judge.)
  • Forza Horizon (Starting out with a Dodge Viper? Smeags approves of this! Looks more fun than a standard Racing Sim, that's for sure. Also, dubstep.)
  • Kinect en Espanol (Muy aburrido.)
  • Kinect T.V. stuff (I really don't care. Why does this get more time than Gears or Forza?)
  • Xbox Music (Pretty cool. Next.)
  • Nike Fitness (They're really treating this as a huge deal. *Yawn*)
  • Xbox Smartglass (Very interesting, but it would be nice to know more about it. How exactly will it work with your Smart-devices? It's neat, but it seems like it brought up more questions than it answered.)
  • Internet Explorer (Welcome to 2007 Xbox 360!)
  • Tomb Raider (Extremely linear. *Shrugs* I really wasn't impressed, but it looks good.)
  • Ascend: New Gods (Hopefully it's an XBLA title. It just looks so rough.)
  • LocoCycle (Okay. Assassin female Motorcycle?)
  • Matter (Easily the most interesting out of the three, and just as mysterious. Gives off a Portal vibe, which isn't a bad thing at all.)
  • Resident Evil 6 (Zombies! Action! Not as pretty as I thought it would be! Leon! QTEs! Kind of a mixed bag... but I still want to play it.)
  • Wreckateer (Angry Birds in 3D with Kinect. Okay.)
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth (Matt and Trey are awesome. From what I've seen, the game looks awesome. Easily my favorite moment of the conference.)
  • Dance Central 3/Usher (Easily my least favorite moment of the conference. It was just so... ugh.)
  • Bad Puns ("Usher in". I have to admit... I laughed.)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (This is your final reveal? Really? Well that's... really disappointing. Still, the game looked good. I'm sure CoD fans will have some fun.)

Smeags Score: 4/10 (Below Average)

Certainly not a disaster, as it showed some great games with interesting gameplay... but all that was surrounded by meaningless add-ons and annoucements/features that just didn't belong at an E3 conference. When it comes to Microsoft, they just don't show that joy for gaming... and I continue to be unimpressed.

3/10. Waaaay too much nongaming stuff from what i've seen. It's not what the console business is about.

Needed a next-gen kick in there

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

C+

Around the Network

It really wasn't all that. No new devices for the exception of smartglass which doesn't interest me. 5 or so games. and kinect. Kinect! really? M$ go back to sleep, your appetizer makes me more hungry for ninty's feast!!

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Awful, no surprises, but better than last year, if only by a margin anyway.

Sony's was shite too.