By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita gets its Youtube App this month - updated with pictures

Tagged games:

If it gives us the option to download and save the vids like I can with the TubeMate app on my phone, I'll definitely take advantage of it.

Around the Network

That is really cool news :)

hmm, i would have expected that it already had one. oh well, I'm perfectly happy with ios for mobile gaming. I might get a ps vita or 3ds later on, maybe

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

smartphone should be enough for apps like this and i don't believe many who bought a vita don't own a smartphone but for those you don't have one, it could be good (and for those with a small iphone screen or other small screen)

this is a very cool app along with niconico, its a win win

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

smartphone should be enough for apps like this and i don't believe many who bought a vita don't own a smartphone but for those you don't have one, it could be good (and for those with a small iphone screen or other small screen)

it's additional features to the main point of the system that is games. Having some fun and useful apps are great and convenient.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
crissindahouse said:

it's additional features to the main point of the system that is games. Having some fun and useful apps are great and convenient.

yeah sure didn't want to say it's bad or so^^ just that it's nothing special most need because they have smarphones already. like youtube for the 360 or so as well. i have it on my smart tv, i don't need it for 360 (ok i also don't need my smart tv for that because i only can watch youtube videos with super low res because of my shitty internet haha)

crissindahouse said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
crissindahouse said:

yeah sure didn't want to say it's bad or so^^ just that it's nothing special most need because they have smarphones already. like youtube for the 360 or so as well. i have it on my smart tv, i don't need it for 360 (ok i also don't need my smart tv for that because i only can watch youtube videos with super low res because of my shitty internet haha)

that's the thing tho..people have been bitching about the lack of youtube app for ages now! not even joking here. That's the only reason why sony is actually giving a time line here.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I tried that HTML5 test and the Vita has trouble rendering the 3rd test that it says all systems have relative difficulty with. The problem is that the Vita's browser would not start test 4, I'm guessing the browser times out after a certain amount of time and stops loading packages. After attempting it another time and so on the Vita would reload the page automatically for some unknown reason. Just from the first 3 tests I have to say it is definitely no Chrome but if someone was able to get it to run the whole thing non-stop I doubt it would fall short of the other mobile browsers which are rather poor compared to chrome. Maybe someone could try this on PS3 or PSP since they are using the same type of browser.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

d21lewis said:
If it gives us the option to download and save the vids like I can with the TubeMate app on my phone, I'll definitely take advantage of it.

there is already a way to do it on the Vita. You need a special bookmark from some weird Japan site, put on the bookmark while the Youtube window is up and it will allow you to DL it. Check IGN for more info, thats where i learned to do it.